This is an indoor navigation I realize but it is so accurate and awesome!

This is old, posted on 2012

Views: 1668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

finally got full text, web link to the robotic plane from the above video

http://news.mit.edu/2012/autonomous-robotic-plane-flies-indoors-0810

---

“The reason that we switched from the helicopter to the fixed-wing vehicle is that the fixed-wing vehicle is a more complicated and interesting problem, but also that it has a much longer flight time,” says Nick Roy, an associate professor of aeronautics and astronautics and head of the Robust Robotics Group. “The helicopter is working very hard just to keep itself in the air, and we wanted to be able to fly longer distances for longer periods of time.”

Hi Darius, I am very interested in your hyperspec development. Do you have a working model or video link etc..?    It sounds like their could be huge market potential for something like that. Also, I followed your links to the Lidar lite pages but could not see their LED versions anywhere. Have you had any luck sourcing this LED version?? 

thanks

Don't thank me, it's not my material. But thanking for starting the discussion, yes I find it intriguing and hope to develop my own some day.

Hi bd,

what "hyperspec" do you mean ?

Pls refer me to the original message.

If you know any market potential pls let me know.

re: Lidar Lite, non-laser Lidar Lite, LED-based Lidar Lite

What is featured on a number of promotional pictures by Lidar Lite group looks like

non-laser UV LED/IR Led Lidar Lite

but what is offered for sale is laser-only Lidar Lite version.

Since developing Lidar Lite is like developing GPS receiver on your own ( really complicated thing) I plan to buy laser-based Lidar Lite and replace laser to UV/IR Led for tests (UV Led transmitter/receiver pair or IR Led transmitter/ receiver pair is available.

At the same time I am developing Led-pointer to replace laser-pointer, to some extend to experiment with lens, cooling, collimator and to test range for the given wattage.

If LED pointer is ready (UV or IR + visible light beam in parallel) I can order Lidar Lite for tests, described above.

For  IR tests I use single lens night vision system at $200

For UV tests I plan to use spectroscope and image data processing to extract UV bandwidth.

For indoor tests I plan to build Led-based 3D scanner (for use with 3D printer)

$200 night vision system is highly sensitive and can detect blinking IR Led from 100 m.

Developing collimator, lens to concentrate UV/IR beam to receive reflected UV/IR

beam from objects distant as close as 10, 20, 30, 40 m

can give me an answer on the feasibility of such approach.

@Laser Developer

@LidarLiteGroup

are the leaders , so I would like to know their opinion about my approach.

darius

manta103g@gmail.com

You can use a precise (+-2cm) Indoor "GPS": http://marvelmind.com/.

Here a couple of demos:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service