Why is Handling and Shipping from DYI Dornes so slow?

It took over two days to pack a small order and than another two days to hand my package to Fedex.

I would not mind but I am forced to pay for Fedex SECOND DAY shipping (expensive) and than have to wait effectively 9 days though DIyDrones induced delays. I feel that is not fair.

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
Date/Time
Activity
Aug 17, 2012 6:55 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
SAN DIEGO, CA
Aug 17, 2012 5:09 PM
Picked up
SAN DIEGO, CA
Aug 15, 2012 6:10 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd like some advice from the community about problems I've had with the 3DRobotics shipping department. The whole process has been a complete fail and they are so unresponsive that I feel compelled to try to seek help from a public forum.

I tried to place an order for a GPS unit. I paid for 2 day shipping. It was a simple one-item order, but for some reason the transaction erred when I tried to complete it. I never received a confirmation email, so I placed the order again, thinking the first one never processed. I did receive a confirmation email for the second GPS. 

For reasons apparently related to the holiday season, it took a WEEK to ship the GPS. When it arrived, however, there were actually two separate, identical packages, each containing a GPS unit. My credit card was also charged twice. 

I sent an email to 3dRobotics asking to return one of the GPSs on January 22nd. I got an automated "Thank you for contacting the 3D Robotics Help Desk. We are currently expanding our staff and we will get back to you with a response in a timely matter. Cheers, The 3D Robotics Support Team" 

and then nothing since. Today is February 1st. I guess 'timely matter' (or 'timely manner') mean different things to 3dRobotics; for me, it means a human response within 24 hours. 

What do I do? Open a dispute with my credit card company?

• I will say I think they should post the order number being filled mid-day or at the end of each day for us to compare our orders to.  Once again I've got an order that's a few days old and have no idea when it's going to ship, it would have been nice to see what the current order# is each day to kind of know when to expect it to ship.

• My APM shipped 2 days after they got back from their winter break. It came fast. Haven't had any problems yet.

• OMG!  It took two whole days to ship your order?  You're right, that's terribly unfair.  If it's not shipped in 30 minutes or less it should be free.

• 3D Robotics

What did you order? And was it ordered over a weekend?

This reply was deleted.

Activity