XBee Mavlink missing data

3690920674?profile=originalIs this normal to keep getting lost packets? It seems to affect how quickly the APM planner shows up the satellite status and position. I tried HK GCS out of interest and that shows a very poor link quality (around 10%), but shows the position on google earth almost instantly and the data received when looked at through the serial tab is fine and clear. I have to wait ages for the position to be shown on the APM planner, despite the fact that the APM 2 has a 3D Fix fairly quickly.

This is on an arducopter 2.4.1 firmware with xbee pro s2's running 2.5gHz. I also use the same netbook to monitor another APM2 fitted to a Maja running arduplane v2.28, that is better marginally using a different xbee pro s2 2.4gHz pair. Is this something we are doing, have not set right or what?

Both our radio systems also use 2.4gHz.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

Oh yes it is normal to lose lots of data with XBees at the limit of their range. It works quite well anyway - until Mission Planner decides that the connection is gone. From then on, you will need a nearly perfect link before you can get it to connect again. Meanwhile, it will not listen to the fragments still coming. If it happens, keep trying to connect: While trying, it will listen. Then if you are lucky you will get a fresh position plot..

Regards

Soren

• Developer

to change the stream rates goto

configuration > planner > stream rates, and change the boxs to a lower number. the defaults use to be 10, 3, 1, 3

but can be changed to whatever you want, or off.

• I know this may sound bizarre but are the Xbee's too close together and swamping  or too far apart and not running enough power?

On the point about running Xbee's on 2.4Ghz and R/C on 2.4GHz on an Arducopter, I am successfully running the two together although mine are series 1 Xbee Pro's. There has been considerable discussion about how to set up Xbee's on this board so it maybe a setup issue. 

Peter

• The 2.5gHz is a typo, should be 2.4gHz as well.

This reply was deleted.

Activity