Xbee Serie 2 and arducopter 2.3

Hi everyone,

For a student project, I had to make an arducopter, all is fine ... without the Xbee modules.

In fact, I can't get them comunicate in the two ways. I succeeded to receive something from the APM board but I can't transmit something to it, so when I try to connect using Mission Planner, It says "Getting params[...]" and then in the console I can read "Lost xxx pkts xxx" and, after a while it says "Read timeout[...]".

I tried the test code and I can get the "port 3" message so the communication on this way is working fine.

I have two Xbee Serie 2 rev.F modules, A xtreambee FTDI adapter and another USB adapter for the computer.

I checked the connections between the FTDI adapter and the APM, all is ok.

As some people said, I solded the CTS and the VIN pins.

Regards

Chydra

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi.

I see the same problem.

When I connect my Xbee Pro S2b (version XBP24BZ7) to X-CTU select port and press test

it shows device version "smth unreadable" and when I try to read from Xbee it try to updte firmware, downloads new firmware from internet and then shows "unable to find firmware file".

I tried to set firmware manually to "XBP24BZ7 Coordinator AT" with serial baud rate 9600 (and 115200 also) and it burns the firmware successfully. Then it reads parameters and work fine. But when I disconnect usb-serial and connect it to PC again, it fails to read version and other parameters. and I need to write firmware and do the same procedure again (if I disconnect device from PC).

Xbee connected to PC with usb-serial connector:

GND-GND; VCC 3.3 - VCC 3.3; TX-TX; RX-RX.

I tried to do the same with fdrobot extension shield (set with 2 crossover jumpers) and have the same problem.

• http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Doc/Configure+Xbee+via+Windows

Every XBee network requires one node that is configured to perform the role of the Coordinator. This is true even if all you want to do is establish a transparent serial link between two modems.

• Last night i wanted to do some tests, but one of my XBees died... 

can't read or reprogram the XBee with x-ctu, lights do light up, link is established, but no data transfer.

I think the crc errors where already a hardware problem in 1 one my xbees, and now it completely died..

but no problem, cause i ordered 2 XBee Pro 868'es. (range up to 40KM!)

i'll let jou know if they work as expected or not..

• Hi, Chy,

Same thing with mine.. 

My quad flies great, everything works as expected... 

I've connected serial3 from APM to FTDI-USB to PC, and it works fine. 

In qgroundcontrol i do get an connection , but lots of garbled data.

I've tried 57k6 and 115k2 , no difference.

My Xbees are the PRO S2B rev. B, the one connected to pc is configured as Coordinator AT, and the APM XBee as End device AT.

This was the only setup i could get a connection with...

best regards, Kiki

This reply was deleted.

Activity