Weird problem again.

XBee works fine both receiving and transmitting with power from     USB-> APM -> XBEE and

5V Battery-> Receiver -> APM-> XBEE

But when using with ESC or BEC it only works transmitting data from APM to my PC.

But not the other way around. When i send something from my PC to APM the ASC/RSSI on XtreamBee board light up.

I'm using XBEE PRO 2.4.

I'm setting Baudrate in the ArducopterNX to 111111 and PC to 115200 with 2 stopbits.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Views: 1083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Be interested in what you find.  In the mean time, can I get a copy of the adaptor board schematic to see if I can work out a level shifting circuit to make what I have on hand work?

I have two Xbee Pro Series 2 2.4

Which function set i have to set ? [ ZNET 2.5 ROUTER/END DEVICE AT ? 1247 ]

One connect IMU with sparkfun adapter and one connected the computer with sparkfun USB explorer.

FWIW, the xBee Pro 60 milliwatt radios seem to have voltage level issue when used with the XtremeBee adaptors.  I got mine to work after putting a 7.5K resistor in the tx and rx lines between the xBee adaptor and Oil Pan shield.  I'm also going to try the diode/pull up as detailed on the Sparkfun site when I get my hands on some diodes.

JI

Did you connect the resistors in series?

Or are we talking pull up (or pull down) connection?

The resistors are in series.

JI

The Eagle files for the XteamBee adapter are now in the product listing.
http://store.diydrones.com/product_p/br-0015-01.htm
Thanks for posting the Eagle files.  It's been a while since I've done any hardware design.  I can see how the DI input going to the xBee gets switched between DIDO and DODI signals coming from JP2, but I don't understand how the DO output from the xBee gets switched.  It may be a silly question, but can someone explain how this works?  I don't see anyway that DO from the xBee can be used as an output on JP2.

At last had time to test this.

Had only 10k resistors but they seems to work fine.

i discovered that i have this problem too..

Battery to ESC to APM to Xbee doesnt have enough power for the Wireless link communication.

Whereas i plug USB to APM to Xbee the Wireless link is successful.

Can guide me how to solve this under power problem?

Can you show how you did the connection?
Power means, power from ESC?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service