HITL stimulation used to work great a few versions back, but I recently tried to load the latest APM HITL 2.2 code and now as soon as I enable auto/ stabilise or anything similar my aircraft just spirals into the ground.

I then tried to update the mission planner to the latest version (1.0.54) and I still have the same problem, I then proceeded to update my xplane to the latest version 9.70, still the same problem.

I was looking at the ardupilot outputs on the mission planner, and when the aircraft was level on the ground, the ardupilot output was showing about -0.6 for the roll.

Any help would be appreciated

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am still having the same problem stated above.  In both AUTO and STABILIZE modes my plane descends towards the left side until it hits the ground. When its on the ground before takeoff, the outputs of the autopilot's roll, pitch, and yaw are not at 0. 

I do not have anything attached to the ardupilot except for the usb cable going to my laptop. Would the fact that I don't have an RC controller attached to my ardupilot cause problems?

• I am having the same issue. I have updated to the current versions of everything and have tried previous versions of all the software as well. It seems to me that the ArduPilot defaults to max deflection of the control surfaces for some reason. It is very aggrevating and if anyone has any idea please let me know.

• Hi Alex,

I'm having the same problem.

The plane flyes really nicely on stabilize but it goes nuts and crashes into the ground in auto mode.

Some suggested to use Xbee instead of direct USB. That trick did not work for me as with XBee the system becomes extremely slow!

I can't take my plane for the maiden flight if the simulation doesn't work.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian

This reply was deleted.

Activity