Few days ago I've mentioned in other thread about new project of alternative transmission.
Now - more details.
Universal RC/data transmission module - 434/868 MHz, 500 mW (27dBm) regulated power.
- RF-SMA for antenna,
- PPM in and out
- 9 channels - servo type as in standard RC Rx,
- serial interface - hardware and software compatible with 3DRadio,
- miniUSB - parallel to serial.
Software, after power-on, is "listening" on PPM-in port - if there is correctPPM signal - then "ground module" procedures are activated, if no - "air module".
Configuration - via Mission Planned / 3DRadio config software / dedicated PC/Mac/IOS/Android applications.
RF power regulation - 3-position switch (micro=range check/binding, std=100mW, hi=500mW
RF Module - Dorji DRF4432F27
CPU - STM32F103CBT6.
500 mW, 5.8 GHz video tx with additional functions:
- 3 switchable video inputs: 2 - composite video and 1 HDMI. Switching by standard RC servo-type interface,
- photo camera trigger - IR/relay/OC transistor
RF Module - Airwave
CPU - STM32F103CBT6
Phase 3: Integration.
Products from phases 1 and 2 with some more on single boards:
"Ground" - functions from module phase 1 and: interface for potentiometers and switches/buttons for build stand alone (without RC tx) solution; drivers for antenna tracker - 2 servos/2stepper motors with "polulu protocol" for Mission Planner compatibility, GPS/IMU for antenna position (for moving ground stations), 5.8 GHz diversity receiver, MinimOSD compatible OSD with outputs: "pure video" / video+OSD / OSD only.
"Air" - functions from modules phase 1 and 1 and: output for servo for pan tracking for video tx antenna, GPS module for GPS+Glonass satelites, power measurement (current/voltage) used by video and data transmission, GSM/GPRS for SMS message with lat/lon sending in case of system failure, lost control, etc.
Phase 1 - PCB design almost finished, All parts on the table, Monday will sent it to production - 2 weeks and 5 sets for beta tests will be ready <- betatesters welcome...
Phase 2 - next month - now waiting for HDMI-to-composite IC's for finishing design.
Phase 3 - few units for beta tests - January 214.
All comments, ideas - welcome.
to be continued/updated...
Schematic drawing for module phase-1 almost ready...
- transparent serial channel. P15-serial and P16-USB as interfaces.
- up to 12 PWM servo-type channels (50/100/200/400 Hz - software selection)
- servo channel 12 - configurable: servo or RSSI output (software+CB2)
- transparent PWM channel - P13 - PPMin/out
- RF power - via 3 position switch connected to P18 or via servo channel - configurable by software setup
- DC power - can be delivered from servo rail or separate servo and electronics (via serial interface) (CB1)
- JTAG interface (P19) and boot selectors (P17) - only for prototyping/test modules.
- binding - via bind button (S2) and/or software (possible one-to-many, one-to-one, many-to-many RX/TX)
- PPM output can work concurent with servo channels.
Schematic drawing for phase - finished.
This is single module - for both ground and air use.
After discussion with potential users and some research - here are basic hardware features:
1. RF module 500 mW - 434 or 868 MHz version, RP-SMA socket for antenna, can be soldered horizontally or vertically
2. 3-pin goldpin connectors (also vertical or horizontal mounted) :
3. Other connectors:
4. Module is also equipped with:
General - in design was used all pins of STM32F103 IC. This module will be an universtal start-up for software development. Both internal soft, and external - configurator, state display, etc - for PC/MAC/IOS/Andriod/etc
I will make 3-5 sets of such modules for beta-testers and those who wish to cooperate with software development. Everyone is interesting - please PM/e-mail me.
What is the development status of your modules? Is Phase 1 already tested and commercially delivered ?
Is any price estimate yet?
Too much features for me to betatest easily ;-)
what is the status of this project?
I think there are still many people waiting for something just like that!
This sounds too good to be true :P In fact it sounds very much like what we would call a "egg laying wool milk sow" XD
Well I hope that you aren't going megalomaniac.. but I sure hope that you succeed building it! It would be the perfect solution for the problem I'm facing now.. even though I'd prefer 2.4Ghz VTX :D
Keep us updated!