Zubax gnss

Any chance that UAVCAN implementation is near for APM?  Would love to be able to have the Zubax with APM Planner instead of Qgroundcontrol.  The Zubax picks up more satellites in my house than my Neo M8N does outside on a clear day.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pavel, I received a GNSSv2 for evaluation from Titan Elite and it does not play well with APM.  Is there any chance this will become more user friendly?  I can't see trying to sell any quantities of these if they require hacking just to get them to work.  I love your product in theory but I have to have them "Plug and Play"

Randy Bachtell

• It seems like I'm late with my answer, but anyway.

UAVCAN is supported in APM as follows:

• in ArduPilot since v3.2.1
    • in ArduCopter's master (hopefully it will be part of the v3.3 release)

And of course, PX4 stack fully supports UAVCAN as well.

• Pavel, the APM developers say that the Zubax is supported with arducopter 3.3 rc1 but no word on how to set it up. I wired it in and get led blinking on the zubax but no gps signal. Evidently Tridge tested the zubax in 3.3 with positive results

Thanks, Randy
      • Hi Randy,

The question is more related to APM rather than to Zubax. Both use the same standard bus; APM doesn't need to know that there's a Zubax device connected, its only task is to receive messages. Hence, APM doesn't need to support Zubax, it only needs to support certain standard UAVCAN messages. So the question is specific to APM, and I'm not sure I can immediately answer it. I see two options:

• Ask ArduCopter developers about how to enable UAVCAN
        • Look at the code

I can help you with the latter if the former didn't work out.

Pavel.

• Still not a word from APM but I did check LED status on the Zubax and they indicate CAN1 activity and GPS lock exactly as the QGC PX4. I just need the APM to access the CAN Bus.

RB
          • Hi Randy,

Clearly this is an APM issue. Could you please provide a link to the discussion where you expect to receive the answer from the dev team? Maybe it would make sense to escalate it up to a Github issue.

Pavel.

• Thank you for helping me out on this.  I think that once the APM side get to use the Zubax it will make a difference.

Perfect, what are the parameter changes needed? RB

Hope this link works, let me know if you need any other info.

• Pavel,  

parameter GPS_TYPE set to 9 and UAVCAN responds to traffic.  Very short test flight this morning with Zubax installed and all works as expected.  Thanks for your help and I will do some comparison testing soon and get the word out.

RB

• That's great! Glad it works for you now. I'm going to add a short tutorial to docs.zubax.com explaining how to configure APM for use with Zubax GNSS.

This reply was deleted.

Activity