All Discussions (33304)

Sort by

Airspeed sensors / Altimeters

I have been tinkering with the idea of creating a air speed sensor using a differential pressure sensor such as the Motorola MXP5100DP series with a dual two port case which can easily be connected to silicon tubing and then to an external air input

Read more…
1 Reply

Getting start with PID...

I have a helicopter and an IMU (a device that shows altitude [namely Roll Pitch Yaw], XYZ angular velocities and XYZ linear accelerations), and a GPS.And now is trying to hover the helicopter with these sensor by using PID.The problem is that I don't

Read more…
4 Replies

AUV project brainstorming

I'm thinking of constructing an AUV as an engineering project. I will be interning with an underwater robotics lab at a local university that designs their own AUVs so I want to be able to apply what I learn from that experience. I know this communit

Read more…
6 Replies

Radio Range Increase

Does anyone know how I can increase the range on my RC helo. Its a very basic 3 channel helo that I want to use as a video platform while I am here in Argentina to take video footage of the scenery, ETC. They don't really regulate too much here so I

Read more…
2 Replies

drone project

Hello I am a robotics student who is considering building an autonomous drone for my final year project. This might seem strange but I have no experience with drones but am very egger to learn as I have developed a sudden interest in flying objects.

Read more…
1 Reply

Q-PCM / Radio

Hey Guys,I'm a High school student working on a UAV with a couple of my buddies. We've got a ultrastick platform that has flown well for us, we've got a 26cc gas engine with the ugliest cowl you've ever seen and a velocity stack turned ram air. We're

Read more…
1 Reply

Help! GPS issues!

The holux gps unit that came with my picopilot decided to start speaking a different language all of a sudden! I have had countless successfull flights with this gps and then today I fire it up and the gps was failing. everything looked like it was w

Read more…
1 Reply

Why odd tails ?

Hello folks,I have some queries about these drones :1) Why do they have these unusual tail configurations ( as compared to model planes ).2) Is there any advantage to using the pusher prop. configuration ?ThomasAny guys from Mumbai,India around here

Read more…
3 Replies

Need A UAV Built

I am new to the industry. I am looking for someone to build a UAV for my company. I am willing to pay for all costs associated with design, manufacturing, and testing of the platform. If you are interested please email me at skk.enterprises@gmail.com

Read more…
4 Replies

FAA Information

There is no shortage of folks saying the FAA has sold out and is out out get us. From my perspective, having worked WITH the FAA for the past three years to help them resolve this difficult issue, They are not against anyone or any group. I have prov

Read more…
10 Replies

+2 axis SPI output gyro

Hello,Does anyone know of any gyro that has output on 2 or more axis - and has SPI output? I dediced to design a sensor board that will work with gumstix verdex, but I dont want to make analog measurements, so I like all sensors to talk over SPI or I

Read more…
3 Replies

Android Droid

Hey Guys,Anyone considered using Google's open-source phone Android for a DIY drone?I've been trolling the Android dev. boards lately trying to find someone to team up with, but after seeing the piece on Boing I've realized this is the place to talk.

Read more…
1 Reply

sensor package

Hello,I am looking at building or buying a sensor package. Mainly I need 3 axis accelerotometers, 3 axis gyros, magnetic sensors (3 axis would be best) and an altimeter. I want to read all the data into a gumstix or similar board and then downlink th

Read more…
4 Replies

UAV convertable model aircraft

Hello,I like to get into hobby UAVs and I wanted to buy an electric park flyer or something bigger that I can convert into an UAV.What are the considerations when selecting an aircraft. Obviously lift capacity is important, but I also want something

Read more…
4 Replies

Activity