Component parts for 3d printed drones?

Hello~

I am a newbie to drones. However, I am a Tech Ed middle school teacher with 3 3d printers and a laser engraver.

I would like to create a lesson for my students to design and print their own mini or nano drone. 

I am looking for information as to what I need and where I can purchase the component parts, pieces like motors, transmitters,  receivers, etc  I think it would really be cool to use some sort of smartphone BLE control (like Flexbot & ELF has).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Contact me on Skype FYIUAV.

Happy to help.

• Patrick~

Thank you for you reply. Unfortunately, here at my school my computers are not set up to Skype. :(

as I told another member,  my goal is to buy the hardware components parts that are plug-in or simple solder items, and then have the students use TinkerCAD and create their shell around the parts. I would like to find the "controller" component that can be used by a smartphone...As a newbie I am not sure what type of parts are required. I know I need some type of Arduino controller, along with motors, batteries, shields, etc. I wish their was some sort of kit with these items and can 3d print a drone arounf them.

Bob  

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C1mJ2StVFVrSABIXHhASNzrSACafyk_sGl_C-yLkCj6n-2i4IABABYMmGgIDQo9g…
    • Bob,

Have a look for ARF kits such as this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__52863__HobbyKing_Spec_FP...

Should give you an idea of what is required.  You might be money ahead to just buy one of the $100 quads from WalMart/Sams and have the students gut it to see if they can make a better mousetrap.

R,

Coby

• Hi Bob,

Check out www.KashmirWorldFoundation.org

Thanks,

Ron

• Ron~

Thank you for the information. I did contact Kashmir and waiting for some follow up. Looking at their website, they may be to advanced for middle school students. My goal is to buy the hardware components parts that are plug-in or simple solder items, and then have the students use TinkerCAD and create their shell around the parts. I would like to find the "controller" component that can be used by a smartphone...

Bob

This reply was deleted.