Replies

• "But if you have an image with random planted vines, you can try to upload it to our platform and perform detection on it. We would be interested to see how it performs.

We've had some users do detections on randomly planted crops (not vines) and it worked well. I cannot share their image publicly though.

You are free to test your platform against tens of free and open images from the Internet .

I am surprised you have never tested your platform against images of plants grown in the wild.

• > Could you present some count examples in case of random planted vines ?

Good question. I think until now, we've only seen users with vines planted by rows. But if you have an image with random planted vines, you can try to upload it to our platform and perform detection on it. We would be interested to see how it performs.

We've had some users do detections on randomly planted crops (not vines) and it worked well. I cannot share their image publicly though.

• Good job done if you plant vines by rows and columns.

Could you present some count examples in case of random planted vines ?

Julien Rebetez said:

I'm from Picterra and we're building a web platform that allow you to upload an orthophoto and then build a detector for any kind of objects. We have a number of users doing crop counting.

You can check out those two articles :

https://picterra.ch/2019/03/25/a-crash-intro-into-ai-powered-object... (general intro)

https://picterra.ch/2019/03/21/precision-viticulture-maximize-quali... (vineyard example)

You can sign up for free from our website. You can also PM me if you have more specific questions.

Is there a software to count plants in a crop?
    Hi, Is there a software that can count automatically the number of plants in a crop? Example, counting soy plants. I know there are several limitati…
  • I'm from Picterra and we're building a web platform that allow you to upload an orthophoto and then build a detector for any kind of objects. We have a number of users doing crop counting.

You can check out those two articles :

https://picterra.ch/2019/03/25/a-crash-intro-into-ai-powered-object... (general intro)

https://picterra.ch/2019/03/21/precision-viticulture-maximize-quali... (vineyard example)

You can sign up for free from our website. You can also PM me if you have more specific questions.

A crash intro into AI-powered object detection
    The custom object detector is a self-service tool that allows you to train an Artificial Intelligence model to detect a specific type of object witho…
  • Not simple but another method.

Conservationdrones.org

Counting

• Hello Antonius Kasbergen

What is percentage error using imageJ software? 

• Yes, this is a simple machine vision application, available to any one that works in the industrial machine vision market. MatLab would work, as well Labview for those of you that went to college recently for engineering, science, R&D.

Easy, easy to do, look over websites from the following:   Cognex, Teledyne Dalsa, Imperx, ISG Cameras, AVT, Quest Innovations, SICK. There are a number of others in the machine vision business making these cameras with simple SDK's that can hadnle this easily.

• Hello everyone,

has anyone found a solution to this project?
    Will he had a advanced in the field?

There is an application with ERDAS, "Palm Tree Counting", but I do not think it's automated.

If someone wants to share, I would be very interested to see what's new.

Thanks

Alex

• Also interested. Does anyone has actual experience in plant counting from aerial photos? Results?

• Do you have any example images?

I'd be happy to put something together for this and share the results. I am interested in developing image analysis software for agricultural applications (as a potential full time thing in the near future, currently finishing a phd in computer science doing sub-pixel target detection in hyperspectral imagery).

This reply was deleted.