UAV to UGV

Hi Ag group,

I'm new here. Founder/CEO of Rogue Rovers we're building the FarmDogg and working currently on integrating the ardu-pilot into "Sparky" our prototype. 

My first question to the group  is really just something I'm so curious about.

Has anyone successfully integrated on-going comm between a UAV and UGV in Ag? I would think this is ideal in farming and I've seen some research work on the subject in Australia and Denmark. Here's the Mantis and Shrimp. Anyone know of others? 

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/robots-to-drones-australia-eyes-hightech-farm-help-to-grow-food-20130526-2n5zu.html

Cheers

Melissa

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• pleas see my project 

h hope it will help 

Smart Agriculture Payload

• MELISSA HI, I´M INTERESTING IN THESE THEME .BUT I DO´NT TO KNOW WHAT IS´T UGV?

I´M FROM ARGENTINA, AND OUR COMPANY WILL BE THE FIRST IN TO PUSH THESE TECNOLOGY... BUT.WE WANNA KNOW IF IT´S  POSSIBLE TO DO A JOINT VENTURE WITH FORAING COMPANIES ..TO COMPLEMENT AND SUPPORT THAT PROYECT. IF YOU ARE INTERENTING WE CAN SENDYOU OUR MARKETING PLAN?MANY THANKS MELISSA AND BEST REGARDS

• Hi Eduardo, 

UGV is unmanned ground vehicle or rover. We are still pretty early days, we've even got a grant through the Ministry of Science and Technology in Brazil which we haven't been able to start working on even though we've already identified our partners in the citrus industry that are ready and willing to start working with us there.  Argentina is a great market, and I've really enjoyed my time in Argentina so we will get there!

Cheers,

Melissa

• Hola Melissa. Ok Muchas gracias por tu informacion.Muy clara Espero verla si viene a Argentina Asi q seguiremos en contacto saludos cordiales

• Check out what these guys are doing. http://rowbot.com/
    • Hi Daniel,

I knew about Rowbot I didn't know they were integrating with UAVs. Cool! Corn is an ideal crop with the rowbot being low to the ground and out of sight.

Melissa

This reply was deleted.