Disarm Arduplane

Is it possible to disarm the arduplane after it has landed using the transmitter only?

The reason i would find this useful is , i usually land into long grass about 100 metres from where i took off and what i find is that while walking to the plane it loses connection and activates return to home which turns on the motors - this is dangerous. Also when i am carrying it back to the takeoff location if i raise the throttle by accident (as i have to carry the transmitter with me as i cant leave it on the ground as it will lose connection and activate RTL and fire the motor) then i could do serious harm to my hand.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

There is some documentation on arm/disarm on plane here:

http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/arming-your-plane/

• Thanks Tridge but I believe the feeling here is that it would be handy if you could Disarm from the transmitter. Maybe if the sticks are set for a few seconds to the OBC Termination values. ie ailerons full left, throttle off, elevator full up, Rudder full right
      I know when Im doing my range checks I like to arm the motor. It would be handy to then disarm again via the transmitter rather than interupting the GCS operator from their checks to disarm
    • I 100% agree. This should be implemented. It's a safety issue in my opinion.

• It looks like there is a new disarm feature after an autolanding is complete in 3.3.0. Possibly this would allow us to switch the plane to "Land" mode (after we've manually landed) and the system will disarm after the default 20secs. I haven't tried this, but maybe...

In addition to that, I thought this whole failsafe-RTL-when-plane-is-still problem was resolved long ago. I remember this being a topic a couple years ago and I thought in subsequent firmwares failsafe and/or RTL was disabled if the plane was not significantly moving?? Obviously there is still an issue or maybe there is some parameter in question.

EDIT: I'm getting my Copter and Plane confused... there is no land mode in plane. I guess you could program a simple auto-land script and put the plane in "Auto" after landing.

Damo,

Arduplane 3.3 was just released today and it now has the ability to arm/disarm the same way Arducopter does. You can read how it works here. And you can read about all the other new features/enhancements in 3.3 here.

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

• There is no disarm function still.

Damo,

You are correct.....I was premature in my excitement.

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

• That looks like it's still the same arming option just that it's now enabled by default.

Still no dis-arming function though.

• Developer

No.  Plane does not support disarming from the transmitter at the moment.  Plane is different to copter - right rudder and 0 throttle is perfectly valid in some planes - do this on a copter and it falls out of the sky. 

Your best method is to use the mode switch on your transmitter and put it into Manual mode and then have the throttle set to 0.  Once you reach your plane before you pick it up you should of course disconnect the battery before carrying it back.

Thanks, Grant.

• Use PixHawk AP, then you have a manual arm/disarm button!

This reply was deleted.