APM on boat

Hello guys im newbie here, i use APM 2.5 for boat i use 1 brushless and servo to control the boat. 
My question where am i put the servo ? it is in  analog pin or output pin ? 

thx 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i had follow all the intruction in the wiki but my boat doesnt go correctly in mission mode. 
    can you give the basic parameters and advane parameters that change from ardurover basic?

that is i put my gps receiver and apm, it is too near to motors?

regards seno

S__2777131.jpg

• You can try changing the RC1_ Rev to -1 and see if that helps.  The best way to trouble shoot in my opinion is this.  Does it work properly in MANUAL.  If yes then try STEERING MODE.  If yes then try AUTO.  AUTO should be the last MODE you try when setting up for the first time.  STEERING and AUTO use some of the same parameters.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• Hello i just try that, but my servo gone wrong in dercition if my first waypoint in A the servo moves to other side. Please help me. or send me the parrameter setting that you change on tuning for rover. 

regards. Seno

• I suggest that you conduct a bench test where you do the following: 1) Select and load a waypoint that is either to the right or left of where you have hull setup on your bench. The waypoint should be at least 3 meters from the hull. 2) Power up the Pixhawk and wait until you have GPS lock, the Yaw heading (Compass) is correct as to where the bow is pointing, and then arm the Pixhawk. 3) Verify that you have Manual control of the steering and throttle. 4) Go to the Auto Mode and verify that the steering servo will move the Fan in the correct direction to point the bow of the hull towards the selected waypoint be it to the right or left of the hull. 5) If the servo moves the Fan to a position that will not point the bow to the selected waypoint, that is where your problem is and must be corrected. 6) If the servo moves the Fan to a position that will point the bow to the selected waypoint, then you have a problems elsewhere in your navigation controller.

i have problem in point 5 sir

regards Seno,
    Its someone can help me by send the wiring of the apm ?

• I thought when I looked at the Tlog there was no change in Ch1 or Ch3 output when the mode was switched to auto.  The HUD said auto but nothing happened.  At this point, need to look again,  the hdop may have been over 2.  If the hdop was to high I would think it would say hold instead.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• Admin

@seno,

Go to the Radio Calibration screen in Mission Planner and check the "reverse" box next to the Roll calibration bar and see if that helps.

This assumes that you have a 3D GPS lock and an HDOP of 2.0 or less.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• hello sir  ijust read all the wiki and i just try my boat with with mission mode, but the servo didnt turn left or right, what is the problem ? 

regards,
    seno

• Seno,  Your problem may be.. How are you powering the servo rail?  I assume the JP1 jumper is not on to prevent a brown out.

What Rover code are you using?

Does Steering mode work ?

Post a Log and a Parameter file

• i use 2.5 rover firmware and steering mode going well, that is my last tlog and rlog 
      and that is my wiring on apm 2.5 thx 

S__2556166.jpg

2016-05-12 00-53-44.tlog

2016-05-12 00-53-44.rlog

• Admin

@seno,

You might want to post some dataflash (.bin) logs as they contain a lot more useful information to help troubleshoot your issue.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

This reply was deleted.