I have incorporated code to make use of the airspeed sensor in the arducopter software.  I based the code changes on this post

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/drones-discuss/wzwCs3Xk7y4

and help from the Tiltrotor Team who had done it for their project.  Between the two I was able to get the code compiled.  

I'm using the PX4 toolchain to compile code.  Compiling code using the console, not eclipse.  I started with the tag for arducopter 3.2.1 and modified the code from there.  I first compiled the code with no changes and uploaded to the pixhawk just to test my compilation process. Uploading code using MP 1.3.24.  Code uploaded successfully however I did not get tones associated with the completion of a firmware load.  I got the tones associated with normal startup.  The code seems to function fine. Why would I not get the tones associated with a successful upload???  Am I doing something wrong?

Knowing that I could compile and upload successfully for a unmodified AC3.2.1, I modified the code for the airspeed sensor.  I got it to successfully compile.  however when I upload it to the pixhawk, I don't get any tones just blinking B/E, blinking ACT, and solid white status light.  I've attached a zip file that has my log of changes as well as each of the changed files.  In most cases I commented at the beginning with my last name (geyer) to allow easier searching for changes.  Any help would be appreciated!

Airspeed discussion files.zip

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just wanted to provide an update in case any one has started to look at this.  I was able to figure out the issue.  The parameter.pde and parameter.h files were not right.  Once I got them straightened out everything worked.  I even got the proper tones after the firmware load which is puzzling.  Thanks in advance to anyone who may have looked at this and thanks again to Trevor and Mike!

This reply was deleted.