New code broken?

Hey, I'm a noob, but here goes...

Up to the middle of last week, I could quite quickly and accurately use Mission Planner to install the code it auto downloads onto a stock quad.

Since then, after upgrading, almost nothing works for me.

If there is no magnetometer connected, the board doesn't come alive at all, and hangs Mission Planner.

Even after calibrating the ESC's on the RX itself, the closest I get to functionality is three of the motors arm, the last one just sits and beeps at me.

Mostly two motors beep at me.

The CLI ESC calibrate doesn't work at all.

These problems crop up on three different systems, two of my own, one of a friend.

YET, when I load ArduPiratesNG, all three systems work.

So what am I doing wrong ?

Please?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What your doin wrong is that you let the throttle up too long to hear too many bips.. i know it does a great suote of test tones but they are not all for this apllication. Remeber to read te manual and make sure to do just exactly what you are told on it word by word.
    If to you it isnt logic to put throttle up and put it down right after its not a problem. Just make sure thos is what you do and you will see your 4motors work all at once.
  • Developer

The latest release revved the firmware fingerprint. This erases the EEPROM. You need to restart APM to configure it.

BTW, try using the CLI. It's actually very easy to use. Just open your Arduino serial window and put the switch on APM to CLI mode. type setup and help for instructions.

Jason

This reply was deleted.