RTL/ Lost Comm Route

Is there any thought about implementing a more robust RTL feature? I would like to be able to program a route that the aircraft will follow when commanded to return home, or when the link is lost. This would be to route around objects that cannot be flow over, or to fly over some objects, descend, continue on the route to the final point. 

As far as I know this is not do-able today, but have anyone messed around with it?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you tried the new Tower program for Android?  I am going to us it on my new Tri copter build.    Did a youtube showing the new program.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8lWLG-kqWI   Does not seem like much activity on these forums for new people asking questions.  I posted an issue with power module and not a single reply?  

• I just started playing around with the Tower App, only using my phone, it works greats. I only have an iPad, so I haven't been able to try using it on a tablet yet, my brother has an android tablet, so when he gets back from vacation we will be playing around with that and his GoPro on my Y6. 

I like the tower app, but it still doesn't have anything like this, I think it would have to be something that is a feature of the Ardupilot code, not the GCS, as the times that it needs to use a Lost Comm Route is when it doesn't have any comms with the TX or the GCS (whether is Tower or MP).

I will definitely check out your video tonight after work! Thanks!

• Awesome, i can't wait to see what they come up with.
    • I'd be happy if you could just drop "no fly zone" waypoints and set a radius and maybe a height too.
    • That would be cool too!

• Developer

Tom,

Chris Anderson posted on drones-discuss@googlegroups.com a couple of days ago about this.  It's on the to-do list but it won't make AC3.3.  Maybe AC3.4 though.

This reply was deleted.