Dear

i am a beginner i have set up each and every thing but when i armed my quad copter . motor no 1 satrt spining after 50% throttle whereas other 3 motors does not start spin  but when i move my pitch than one of my motor start spinning too but my other two motors were not spinning .yet....than i connect my apm through usb and set the pre arm check to 0 . but nothing happen and my motor spin arm is set to 70 and one thing is that when i trim my throttle alll the way down from my TX than its arming other wise not arming . plzz tell me what the problem is 

Views: 398

Replies to This Discussion

yes you are right when i am triming my throttle all the way down  and yaw trimm all the way left than APM is arming easily other wise not arming....

but as you previously said that i should radio callibration while all the trim must be in centere and i did as direct me after the calibration apm was arming after so many try of pattern (throttle down and than bottom left).

than i did again radio callibration but it wont arming at trim in center than 

when i am triming my throttle all the way down  and yaw trimm all the way left than APM is arming easily other wise not arming....

and one thing is that i was unable to go in APM'S ESC callibration mode (red and blue led blink) but after setting my throttle trimm all the way up than i was able to enter in esc calibration mode..

plzz tell why this is happeing and where  should i place my trim stick

Arey yaar, trims centre par rakh, fir RC CALIBRATION kar, then arming disarming try kar. Or trims bilkul b mat change kario kbi b. Or esc Calibration b kar lio rc calibration k Baad.

and the third reason, being the AHRS values for roll and pitch

the only thing you need to check before takeoff when the props act suspicious is.

- apply a very small pitch forward to confirm that the ship begins to move to nose down

- do the reverse to confirm nose up

- apply a very small roll right to confirm that the left side rises

- apply a very small roll left to ...

If the ship passes, then you are probably good to fly.  But before doing that, do what Shivam suggests ... ensure that the radio trims are centered.  Then if the battery has a fixed location (impact on ship balance), change the AHRS values to reduce the need for adjusting trim during flight.

Shivam Gupta said:

Ok, I got it

Stopping of motors is not a problem, motors usually stop spinning and disarm after a fixed time period, if the vehicle is on the ground at the level surface. 

Now, the thing is, if two motors are spinning slowly at ARMED condition, then that means either your vehicle is placed at any unlevelled surface, which is why it may be  experiencing some roll or pitch, so to compensate that, two of the motors have run slowly OR there might be some small value of roll/pitch signal input from ur transmitter (maybe trim is not at centre).

It is normal for the ship to not allow you to arm after a "normal" period of time.

- If the ship is moved or sats or surrounding buildings/walls (natural or man made) or weather varies, GPS lock can vary with time from quite fast to what seems like forever

- If near electrical power or a ferrous object buried or ... the mag might give an error that needs to be cleared

- it's rare to see a barometer error

If flying manual, then those types of errors might not matter.  You can disable those types of pre-flight checks in Mission Planner.

But if using

- position hold, loiter, auto, or RTL, then GPS lock is needed.

- if using simple or easy variants of flight modes or auto camera-type pointing, then mag is needed

On large ships with big batteries and motors, mag issues are extremely difficult to avoid and the normal "what is bad" rules do not apply.

Dear  Forrest Frantz

i thank to you and mr Shivam who helped me alot now my Apm is almost working good but there is only little problem that after arming my APM as i rise my throttle my motors start spining but after 4 to 5 sec all motor suddenly stops but my apm is still armed (solid red LED light). and nothing happens but as i switch on my mode 1 (stablize mode) my motor again start spinning and moving throttle up and down make my motor fast and slow.....and than if i switched off my stablize mode my motor keep spiining and work good .... 

so why it is happening that in starting motor spinn but stopp spinning after 4 sec and why start spining again as i switched to stablize mode..

my throttle_min is set to 100  and throttle_max is set to 1000. 

重新校准一下电调(checking and correcting  your Electric modulation again)

Forrest is correct.

And it is better for you to initially fly in Stabilize mode only, it will be very helpful in handling. 

Hope you got ur solution.

Forrest Frantz said:

It is normal for the ship to not allow you to arm after a "normal" period of time.

- If the ship is moved or sats or surrounding buildings/walls (natural or man made) or weather varies, GPS lock can vary with time from quite fast to what seems like forever

- If near electrical power or a ferrous object buried or ... the mag might give an error that needs to be cleared

- it's rare to see a barometer error

If flying manual, then those types of errors might not matter.  You can disable those types of pre-flight checks in Mission Planner.

But if using

- position hold, loiter, auto, or RTL, then GPS lock is needed.

- if using simple or easy variants of flight modes or auto camera-type pointing, then mag is needed

On large ships with big batteries and motors, mag issues are extremely difficult to avoid and the normal "what is bad" rules do not apply.

From documentation. "

Arming the motors causes ArduPilot to apply power to your motors, which will cause them to start spinning. Before arming the motors, make sure all people, objects, and any body parts (e.g., hands) are clear of the propellers. Then do the following:

Note

You can only arm or disarm in Stabilize, ACRO, AltHold, Loiter, and PosHold modes. You cannot arm your copter in AUTO mode."

Then the ship will auto-disarm after ten (or something) seconds if you don't try to take off.

Please pay head to Shivam's advice.  I just trained an intern.  Using gym matts I made a 1 meter circle using tape. In stabilize mode and only 5ish cm from the ground:

- try to hold the ship in the center of the circle

- then try moving from the front to back of the circle

- then try moving from the left to right of the circle

- then try following the tape in a circle around clockwise

- they try following the tape in a circle around counter clockwise

- then rotate the ship 90 degrees right and repeat all of the above

- then rotate the ship 90 degrees left and repeat all of the above

- then rotate the ship 180 degrees so it faces you (making roll and pitch controls backwards)

(this took her 15 days practicing 30 minutes a day)

then you are ready for stabilize flight off of the mat.

once you feel comfortable in stabilize flight, try acro.

Wooh! This sounds interesting, I also train young engineering students, this mat idea is actually nice. Thanks for the idea Mr. Forrest.

Anyone that teaches young engineers on robotics is on my hero list.  Well done.  Keep up the good work.

Dear Forrest

i have sent you the video  of my first flight . now i am facing an issue that one of my motor is not moving so fast while other three motors are moving good enough that it is producing thrust to lift the quad... but i cant fly only because one of my motor(with white propeller) is moving slow than other... iam using 2s Lipo let me know if this is because of my 2S Lipo may be i need more voltage like 3s Lipo........and one thing is that i am using three simonk 30A( 5v 2A ) ESC BEC and one mystrey 30A (5v 3A) ESC BEC... and the motor which is not working good is connected with my Mystrey ESC BEC. please tell me that using mismatch ESC can cause this type of problem.....

Attachments:

yes. voltage (3.7 x S) determines how fast your props can spin (amps determine torque and watts determine thrust).  volts start at about 4.2 V per S and then drop through the flight until finally the voltage is too low to lift the ship (it can drop to 2.5 V per S). 

you particular ship (from watching the video) needs about 10V to get is off the ground. a 3S battery will give you between 12 at the start to 8 at the end, so a 3S battery will fly your ship for about 2/3rds to 1/2 of it's rated capacity.  A 4S will be able to use all of its rated capacity (and it would fly really fast).

buy a 3S or 4S battery based on its weight. you want it to weigh about the same as the 2S battery that you have now.  if you can't find the weights, then look at the 2S capacity.  Example:

- your battery is 2S 2400 mAh = 4800 S-mAh

- so buy a          3S 1600 mAh = 4800 S-mAh (1200 mAh to 2000 mAh)

- or buy a           4S 1200 mAh = 4800 S-mAh (1000 mAh to 1500 mAh)  

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service