Build drone BBBmini

I saw on the Linus page that he stopped selling the BBBmini kit, so I ordered a shenzhen2u, it arrived in 30 to 40 days.
In the kit, it features a mounting bracket for the HC-SR04, my question is: should it be mounted in front of the drone, to avoid obstacles / collisions? Or should it be mounted below the drone for the altitude hold function? Or can I put 2 sensors: one to avoid frontal collision and another to hold altitude?
I found in Banggood a breakout board with the I2C and UART outputs:
https://www.banggood.com/en/Flight-Controller-Obstacle-Avoidance-Sensor-Altitude-Ultrasonic-I2C-Module-for-PIXHAWK-APM-RC-Drone-p-1433249.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse= CN
Could it be used?

I also read about the US-100, which seems to me to be more accurate. Can you tell me if I can like it?

Well, there are still many doubts ...

Thank you for your attention.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am doing this...

• No range and don't work in direct sunlight
    I suggest you look at ArduPilot forum as these things have been discussed extensively

Regards
  • VL53L0X / VL53L1X? What do you think? Can I connect 2 in parallel?
  • Hello

TFMINI LIDAR is the best rangefinder for low cost small distance 6 M.
    Sonar is really not recommended for drones but it works ok for rovers
  • Hello

TFMINI LIDAR is the best rangefinder for low cost small distance 6 M.
    Sonar is really not recommended for drones but it works ok for rovers
  • @Vinicius Juvinski, the sf11 is very high cost (for me for now), is there any lower cost option?

@Patrick Poirier, then the P19 pins (GND / ECHO / TRIG / 5V) become unusable? Could you indicate an I2C or low-cost rangefinder for altitude and avoidance? the idea is to use 2, one for altitude and one for front avoidance. Taking advantage, how was the Pocketpilot? Thanks for listening.

• Hello 

please note that this sensor Hc-SR04, is no longer supported on the actual release. You can use I2C or serial based rangefinder for altitude and  avoidance.

enjoy building your BBMini

• Hi Fabio,

The hc is used for atitude controls - the hc is a vey limited sonar component, 2 meters at maximum.
    I’m using a sf11 with more than 100 meters of precision.
    The link you send appear to be an hc with an arduino on the back
This reply was deleted.