Replies

• Hi Mirko,

I am using the latest installation instructions to rebuild my BBBmini and I get to step 23 and it fails.   " ardupilot,git " does not appear to be in the Github any more?

Were has it gone?????

Regards, David Leigh

• Hi Mirko,

I have resolved the problem by doing the build on a  Ubuntu System instead of my Windows 7 system.

Regards David

• I had to do the followings to work with Wifi dongle from buffalo on BBB-mini.

1) root@beaglebone:/# sudo apt-get install usbutils
    2) root@beaglebone:/etc# apt-get install wpasupplicant
    3) root@beaglebone:~# apt-get update && apt-get install firmware-ralink
    4) root@beaglebone:~# sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
    # WiFi Example
    auto wlan0
    iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid your-SSID
    wpa-psk your-pass

I do not know whether to worse it do or not.

• Thanks Jiro. I have the dongle working it just does not respond to configuration commands correctly. I can't set it to operate on the 5GHz AC band. I want 600mbs bandwidth. I want a 5GHz "tunnel" to the ground station.

Mirko I looked for a RT5572 but the only vendor making one with external antenna is Rosewill RNX-N600UBE v2 and can't find anyone selling it.

Will keep looking.

• Hi Mike,

take a look in this list  with USB WiFi adapter with RT5572 chipset.

Mirko

• Pretty sure that the TP-LINK TL-WDN3200  is a safe bet.

• Mirko, Patrick,

Thanks for the info. I have looked at the list Mirko and I have not found one that fits the bill. They either are too big, no external antenna or they just are not available in the US.

Patrick,

The TP-Link is big and it doesn't have an external antenna. I want to use high gain directional circularly polarized antennas.

The units I have are great. Really small with external antenna, the driver just doesn't work right. The nics work, I just can't get them to change to 5ghz, accept when I connect to a 5ghz AP.

• Well, you got to add this to your filter then.. Its getting really tight, hope you can get it flying in 2016 ;-)

• You said it. I am going to have to mock it up with big nics just to see if it would have worked. But I think the lack of an available nic is going to kill the idea.

• Mike
      Remember chipset has to be compliant nl80211 on desired modes (AP, ADHOC, other)
      If not, its a waste of time and $$
This reply was deleted.