Replies

• Developer

Hi Larry,

i saw that as well after posting, good stuff!

I'm happy if everyone who wants a BBBmini get one and availability is a plus for the project :)

If someone needs parts or a Kit you can reach me here, through bbbmini.com and ardupilot.com

Cheers

Linus

About the BBBmini DIY Linux Autopilot project
    The BBBmini is a low-cost, open-source Linux autopilot based on the APM flight stack and the BeagleBone Black cape build by Mirko Denecke. The BBBmin…
  • Hi Linus,

The ShenZhen2U site does say they offer V1.5, though the picture is still V1.4.  From the website:

Product include:

1. 1x Bare BBBMINI PCB (Ver 1.5)
    2. CAN Transceiver (MCP2562-E/P) with DIP8 Socket
    3. All Break-away 0.1" Male Header
    4. All 0.1" Female Header

I went ahead and ordered one from the ShenZhen2U website before seeing your note about offering a bare PCB.  I will report back if the quality isn't up to snuff.  I did see your site noting you were out of stock, but will keep in mind that you may be able to offer the PCB for the next upgrade.  Perhaps v1.6? 

I'm glad to see both you and ShenZhen2U offering these PCBs to the public.  The easier it is for users to get their hands on these, the better.  I've been out with my BBBMini flying with ArduCopter 3.4-rc4, and the flying has never been better.  A terrific community developed product!

Linus said:

Hi Larry,

as far as i can see and know shenzentu.com had still only the 1.4 rev PCB to sell and they didn't provide the CAN transceiver. It was just the socket.

I had ordered two of these, they arrived quickly from china but came with header pins that would not solder in really well.

Not so much impressed but ok back in 2015.

I do still sell a complete Kit on http://bbbmini.com/ and this includes a OLED Display, Powermodule, always the latest PCB, all sensors, CAN transceiver etc. although they are all gone right now (it will take around a week to get all parts in stock again).

Additionalle i contribute an amount of each Kit to the developers and you might get a free goodie in your box :)

bbbmini_1.5_diy-kit.jpg

If you need a bare PCB or basic DIY Kit (no sensors etc) just send me a mail / pm and i will see what i can do.

Cheers

Linus

• Developer

Hi Larry,

as far as i can see and know shenzentu.com had still only the 1.4 rev PCB to sell and they didn't provide the CAN transceiver. It was just the socket.

I had ordered two of these, they arrived quickly from china but came with header pins that would not solder in really well.

Not so much impressed but ok back in 2015.

I do still sell a complete Kit on http://bbbmini.com/ and this includes a OLED Display, Powermodule, always the latest PCB, all sensors, CAN transceiver etc. although they are all gone right now (it will take around a week to get all parts in stock again).

Additionalle i contribute an amount of each Kit to the developers and you might get a free goodie in your box :)

bbbmini_1.5_diy-kit.jpg

If you need a bare PCB or basic DIY Kit (no sensors etc) just send me a mail / pm and i will see what i can do.

Cheers

Linus

• It looks like ShenZhen2U is now offering the BBBMINI PCB 1.5 plus headers and CAN transceiver for $9.90 (US) + $4.25 shipping.  They also offer the option to include the sensors for and additional charge.

http://www.shenzhen2u.com/BBBMINI.html

Maybe this is old news, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere on this page.  I've been considering upgrading my 1.4 board to 1.5, and now think I may just have to spring for it.

Mirko, you might update your BBBMINI-PCB Github page to show a screenshot of this page (showing your board) rather than the page showing a screenshot of the Arduino board. 

• Just send me a pm with your address and I'll drop it in the mail.

• Sending the 1.4 board out to Dario so it is spoken for.

• I have an extra 1.4 board I'll pop into the mail for someone in the US. (only because the shipping would be cheap)

• Hi, 

I am interested on the 1.4 board, please let me know.

• Hi guys,
    I am interested in a rev 1.5 PCB. Any spares floating around Germany?

Thanks, Dirk

• Developer

Sorry guys,

got somehow unsubscribed from this thread-

I have a few complete BBBMINI Kits available right now, if someone wants one PM me.

Cheers

Linus

This reply was deleted.