3dr iris+ fpv black pearl

I am having trouble with the transmission from my 3dr iris+ w/ 3dr Tarot T-2D 2-axis gimbal / gopro hero3 sending the live feed to my 3DRobotics Black Pearl monitor. I have a clear picture when the drone is within a 20ft bubble around me anything outside of that the transmission get scrambled and then no picture at all. Does anyone know about a booster of any kind or a way to get a quality picture? Thanks everyone...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Strange, for sure. Almost sounds like channels not matched. I dunno ????

• Hey Mark Ill keep you posted if I get anywhere with this transmission issue or if I find a booster that might help us... Stay tuned...

Mark Leon said:

I would like to know how this turns out for you, I have had the same problem for awhile now. I crashed and lost my FPV range to about what you describe. Bought a new transmitter, still not back to normal. 

• Hey Steve I'm sorry That it has taken me so long to get back to this discussion, been crazy busy... Anyways the transmitter I'm using is what came with the Black pearl kit which is a TS351 [5.8G] transmitter and the antennas are the antennas that came with Black pearl kit 2 blue with white mushroom top and 1 red with white mushroom top. I haven't added any after market gear basically, T-2D 2axis gimbal and Gopro hero3 / Black pearl kit.

I just put a new AV video audio cable on today but haven't flown it yet, don't know if that will make a difference or not but its a start...

Steve Foster said:

Something isn't right. I can go a couple hundred yards, no problem. What kind of video transmitter do you have? Antennas?

• I would like to know how this turns out for you, I have had the same problem for awhile now. I crashed and lost my FPV range to about what you describe. Bought a new transmitter, still not back to normal. 

• Something isn't right. I can go a couple hundred yards, no problem. What kind of video transmitter do you have? Antennas?

This reply was deleted.