Discovery Buzzer

I am trying to add a discovery buzzer to my Iris+, it is a receiver type, I am very new to the hobby. I have done many searches to find out how. I don't understand. how to program the transmitter for the switch I want to use and the receiver channel I have it on. 

If I could get some help I would be greatly appreciated

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

If you are running Copter 3.3 it has the LOST copter option you can set to CH7/CH8 switch to sounds the buzzer.

Or you can enable the sound by holding the right stick down and right (mode 2) i.e. roll max PWM, pitch max PWM 

The copter needs to be disarmed and throttle at zero as well

• Hi Bill just a quick question i can enable the lost copter to a switch and it works great but i can't seem to get it to work with the stick combo it was working but then stopped after i did the setup wizard. is there something i need to do to enable this function? i would rather use he stick combo over the switch.

• how do I find out what Copter I am using, I figure that is a version, is that for the pixhawk? or the software for the computer? 

Thank you for the quick response.

Dennis Harmon

• ok, I upgraded to 3.3.2 set the compass, not sure how to recalibrate accelerometers,(but will keep looking), the question I have where do I hook the discovery buzzer to, is it the receiver or the pixhawk? also, where is the Lost Copter alarm, to turn it on? and how do I set up the radio to set it up for switch 7.

Thanks for the help

• done the accelerometer calibration, I went ahead and redid the compass calibration.

I would like to go ahead and put the discovery beeper on the channel 7, I am using the stock radio, I have it plugged into ch 7 of the pixhawk, now. 

thanks for the help

• Developer

I wasn't talking about connecting an external lost model discovery beer, but the built in mode using the pixhawk buzzer that has been implemented.

As for using an external beeper, using RC7 in passthru makes sense, I am not if that works with copter, inly plane. I would need to test to see if that is the case. (i'll try to find some time)

In the past I have enabled RC7 as camera tilt output and connected the Input CH7

OR 

CH7 Option as camera trigger an set the servo limits

• Ok Bill I checked the RC3_REV it is at 1, for the throttle control,

• thank you Bill, help out a bunch, in the controller wiki, it states that if you need to reverse a stick, it is best to do in the radio, instead of the pixhawk, How would I go about doing this?

• Developer

reference here http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-radio-control-calibration/

• Developer
      That's correct, it should go from ~1100 to ~1900 in the Failsafe window. If you need to reverse a channel do it on the controller is the preference
This reply was deleted.