Iris+ Crash Datalog Reivew

I let a friend borrow my iris+ last week and it crashed seconds after lift-off.  The front left arm sheared off completely and the the gimbal was ripped off too.  I am trying to review the data log to determine if it was user or hardware error.  Can someone help me make sense of the attached data log?

49 5-23-2016 5-39-38 PM.bin.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looks like operator error.  See no sign of malfunction.

What did you do to the power mananagement.  See no battery voltage or current readings.  Copter looks like it shutoff in mid flight.

Why was it flying on top of building.

• Thank you for explaining in detail; that really helps me out. Unfortunately, I don't have it with me this weekend so I will have to wait until early next week to evaluate based on your response. I do not know when the latest firmware was released, but I am sure that it is not up to date. Everything was working so I left it alone; it seems like it would be a good idea to update after the rebuild and debug. Thanks again and I might have more questions next week!
    • Thank you so much for the feedback. I want to make sure I avoid this problem after I make all the hardware repairs. I was not there for the flight and the pilot was pretty new to flying. I do have a constant problem with the sticks being off center on the controller, but I showed him how to calibrate on the rc remote. I do not know how to fix it any other way. He took off from a roof that had a lot of rocks and seemed to think it got stuck on a rock, but it was still able to get airborn. Once it started banking hard he hit the RTL in hopes of recovering. Is there a quick explanation how you analyze the flight log data to come to your conclusion? I am an engineer by profession, but I do not understand how to sift through the data.
  • I had a similar experience with IRIS+ last year.  Turned out to be an accelerometer failure.  You might look at data from that sensor.

Paul

• How do you analyze the accelerometer sensor data?  Looking at the graph the IMU.AccZ graph looks drastically different, but I have no idea what that is telling me.  Thank you.3702634199?profile=original

This reply was deleted.