"OLD" IRS+ am I out of luck for parts?

Hello,

I bought an Iris+ with the gimbal, Black Pearl FPV and a GoPro in 2015 and used it to take a video of my farm.

--After the initial activity in 2015 (my first experience with a drone), I was busy with other things, so the drone sat on a shelf (in it's case).

In 2017 I brought out the IRIS+ again, and discovered online that 3DR was out of business-- and I could no longer get parts--so I thought I was just totally out of luck with this drone and put it back in the box.

2022:  I got out the Iris+ again and it still flies and does RTL after about 2 minutes because the batteries are bad (I have ordered new "Zippy 5000" batteries but they haven't arrived yet.)

Question:  can I still somehow get parts for this drone? -- I am thinking about both the electronics (sensors, RC Transmitter, frame parts (crashes).  This was an expensive drone (with the gimbal, goPro, FPV screen etc.).  If I crash this drone and break some of these parts am I just out of luck?  I am somewhat afraid to send it on auto missions etc. -- but it does no good on the shelf.  

--Am I even on the right Forum to be asking this question?--

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Bob

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Bob - Iris+ pilot here.  Contact Jason at  

jason@evoimagery.com

It appears that he bought out a huge load of 3DR stuff - he's had everything I've needed.

Best Luck!

This reply was deleted.