Iris+ "attacks" wife and consistently crashes whenever she is present

Every time my wife comes out while I am filming with the Iris+ it just starts behaving really weird, often ending up in a crash.  On 3 separate occasions its as if the damn thing switched itself into follow me mode, locked onto her, and "attacked."  At one point she actually ran back into the house and it tried to follow her right in - crashing into the house.

I can upload logs and video later but here is one such video from the most recent occurrence.  I was just goofing around, getting a little practice filming the kids and my wife decided to come out to join us.  Within about 30 seconds of her showing up, once again it tried to follow her and crashed into a tree.  

https://vimeo.com/123836555

This is getting very frustrating. Anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Views: 1291

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe Iris is jealous?  ;-)

I think my wife might feel the same way about the Iris... you could be onto something.

Recalibrate on laptop and make a complete sphere by switching off the auto complete.
So I've gotten a few messages and emails about this. I guess I should point out to some of the international readers that in the US, April 1st is called April Fools Day. It's a joke. My Iris+ doesn't have feelings for my wife.

Having said that, it's worth noting that it does seem to only crash if my wife is around... which of course, she finds hilarious.
Download Tower 4.1 go to settings 》modes 》single / family / divorced and switch to family mode. that should take care of it. I realized that Iris is usually set to single mode and the only way I could change it was using Tower 4.1

Hi Erik

Nice German Shepard. We have 2.

I'm not sure where you're at with all the snow, but I can say with 100% confidence that snow and Tarot Gimbal do NOT mix.   Mine quit working after a very soft landing in about 6" of snow.  Well, it was more like a slow soft crash and tip over....

For me, I have a slew of issues with my IRIS+ and the only advice I could pass on is:  Unless you're an expert or extremely experienced I'd also caution about flying so close to people.  I've had a couple experiences where my IRIS flew out of control and in one instance actually cut the tip of our dogs nose as she went after it.  Your wife may not sue you, but do you want to go through the rest of your life hearing about "the incident"  LOL.  I still hear about the mico drone that tied my wife's hair into a knot all the time.

Cheers and safe flying

Mark 

Hilarious.  Classic.

Yeah he's a great dog.

The trick to snow landings is kill power.  Pull battery.  Do NOT bring your drone inside until you've thoroughly blown out all the snow that you can.  Place Drone over warm air heating vent for hours - rotating regularly so air circulates and really dries things out.

It also helps if you fly in temperatures that are well below freezing.  That way the snow will not melt if it get on your Iris.

Not all my flights end up like the one posted above. ;-)   https://vimeo.com/121777897

LMAO Joe.   Nice.....

Beautiful Video Erik.  I'm totally jealous.  I do get to travel with work and see some very pretty places but now my iris is a big paperweight.

Actually, the "Great God of Multicopters" has a real sense of humor and his favorite pastime is making husbands with quadcopters look totally inept in front of their wives.

Been There Done That!

Be nice to the wife (and dog!) Erik.  If she divorces you playing with your drone might not just mean going to fly the Iris+!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service