Swift Navigation provides a centimeter-accurate GPS location for autonomous vehicles, be it a tractor, drone, car, or anything else navigating the world.
By moving GPS positioning from custom hardware to a flexible software-based receiver, we deliver real-time kinematics (RTK) GPS that is 100x more accurate than the GPS in your cell phone, and 10x more affordable than the competition.
We are venture funded, recently won the Qualcomm QPrize, and have a fantastic slate of customers. Come join us!
Swift Navigation is looking for a Field Applications Engineer to create rich customer experiences with our high-accuracy positioning products. You will be working with a small team to push the state of the art in satellite navigation technology, making high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries including unmanned aerial vehicles, robotics, and autonomous transportation.
You will be to inspire and equip our customers with the tools and knowledge necessary to integrate our products with their platforms from a software and system perspective. You’ll research customer requirements, design effective tools and documentation, and help our customers integrate our products into theirs. You’ll also design and build creative demos to show off the capabilities of our products and to provide feedback from a user’s perspective.
- Take a customer from purchasing an evaluation kit to using our product in production. You’ll scope, estimate and deliver integration engineering for our customer applications.
- Contribute to mainline firmware development to improve the customer experience
- Gather and share actionable feedback with the greater engineering team at Swift Navigation
- Develop and present Swift Navigation product demos, improve product documentation and whitepapers, and act as a community ambassador.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of engineering experience, with some previous experience in a client-facing engineering role
- Familiarity with our target industries and applications like UAV, robotics, aerospace, mapping autonomous vehicles, sensor integration in intelligent systems, etc.
- Experience with embedded C and microcontrollers
- Scripting skills in Bash or Python
Bonus points for:
- Degree in an engineering-related field
- Technical side projects you can share with the hiring team
- Experience with Serial, CANbus, UART, SPI, I2C or similar.
- Experience with RTOS’ like FreeRTOS or ChibiOS
- Familiarity with GNSS or navigation
- Familiarity with control theory, estimation, or sensor fusion as applied to autonomous systems
- Strong ownership over a new, highly-available, high-precision GPS positioning product targeting machine automation. We enable a future of self-driving cars, drones and other robotics.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Sunny, bike-friendly office in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco close to public transit.
Please apply here: