www.pixhawk2.com

Pixhawk 2 is a small cube, with a 38.5mm square footprint.

All connection to the cube is via a DF17 connector coming out the bottom of the cube.

This modularity allows for multiple form factors to suit multiple platforms.

For the stand alone market, it will be coming out in two form factors to start with, a "Full" configuration, and a "mini" configuration. The full will have connectors for everything, the kitchen sink.... While the mini is restricted to the bare essentials.

For RTF's or kit aircraft, I am working on a series of plug and fly systems, that allow you to remove most of your wiring from your aircraft, and take advantage of the easy to use modular structure.

The cube also has a massive quality advantage. Given that every single pin is available on the DF17 connection on the base, it allows complete factory full motion testing and calibration of each cube.

Pixhawk 2 is continuing to grow. When we release the Pixhawk 2 stand alone, it will be using the latest sensors available on the market, in a form factor that allows the ultimate in flexibility.

Please note. Pixhawk 2 Stand alone is NOT a 3DR product. It is a community driven product, designed by the community for the community.

A key requirement for my partner companies who will be making this will be active support of the community.

Looking forward to announcing more info soon!

Philip Rowse
Lead Systems Engineer
ProfiCNC

Lead EE on Pixhawk 2 PX4 and Ardupilot Dev team member
(formally 3DR sponsored)

Views: 50818

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations and thanks a lot Philip. Can you show us some pictures? Any estimates of when it will be available?.

Congrats Phillips!

This kind of hardware is what many of us are waiting for. It is a nice integration OEM friendly board that we will love to integrate into our own host pcbs.

Many thanks for the work and effort.

It's my understanding AC has / had some issue with pixracer but they are ironed out or will be shorty. 

@Pmarche,

Here are a couple of pictures of the present Pixhawk2 configuration:

Cube in Carrier Board and Carrier Board Case

Top of Cube Bottom

Cube Bottom showing DF17 Connector and SD card slot

Regards,

Tom C AVD

Is it just me or is there a short between 2 of your pins on the main chip? Near the top on the right side (2nd image).

Congrats Phillips!

Great job.

PS: Somehow this is reminds me PX4FMU,

They are joined, they are meant to be :)

Pixhawk 2 has been flying ArduCopter and Arduplane for well over a year now. It is 100% compatible.

Pixhawk 2 has been designed from the ground up as part of the Dev team.

Thank you!
It's often the case that things go full circle!

Great to know this. Congratulation Philips. Put me on the list who want this at hand whenever released.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service