Replies

• Our idea is to be able to use collision avoidance algorithms on our planes while still running the ArduPlane software in the ROS enviornment.  Currently, we have developed a simulation within ROS to test our collision avoidance algorithms.  We can simulate up to 32 planes in a 500m x 500m grid and watch all planes try to avoid each other. Eventually, we would like to be able to have our plane in the air with multiple simulated planes and watch as our plane tries to avoid the simulated planes.  The idea is to communicate from the GCS to the planes via XBEE modules and be able to give the planes "collision avoidance waypoints" while performing a mission.  I'm not exactly sure how we can accomplish this but it seems like the APM1/APM2 chips are already designed to have the serial capability and with using ROSSerial I believe this can be accomplished.  Ideally, once we can establish communication via XBEE then we could write "collision avoidance waypoints" to the plane and then the autopilot would do the rest.  Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? If not, could you point me in the right direction to get started?

• Hi Patrick,

sorry to reply so late, have you already solved your problem? I think I could help, I've been using ROSSerial with APM since it's available (also used avr_bridge before). What exactly is does the compiler say?

• What are the errors?  Can cut and paste here?

This reply was deleted.