Solo and Mission Planner?

Hi,

Does anyone know yet whether the Solo will be compatible with Mission Planner out of the box?

I would prefer to purchase a Solo instead of an X8+ but will require an ability to upload Mission Planner missions later this summer.

Thanks,

Rob

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Gavin thanks for that great idea.  You could run a full mission with the solo say doing a ag field ndvi right from the mission planner like my other 900mhz telemetry rigs and hopefully not loose that crummy wifi signal.  I am going to try that out I know the Nano versions are like 80 bucks wondering if i need to go up to a better model will have to look into that.
    Gavin Greenwood said:

You could actually use a Ubiquiti wifi radio in station mode linked to the sololink wifi and that would create a long range link between the craft and the ground. This would allow for you to set inside a building on your computer in MP with full telemetry over the radio external on the building connected to solo. Just a thought....

Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdHIohydwYE&t=93s

• You select UDP on Mission Planner and use you computers Wifi.  You need to connect via Wifi first on the computer then select UDP on the Mission Planner drop down list and off you go.

• Does not have 3dr radio only wifi radio

Gavin Greenwood said:

I just flew my stock solo out 6800ft from home 200ft AGL. 

Noli Sicad said:

I am not sure if Solo has telemetry (i.e. 3DR radios in copter and in controller). It seems that Solo is using Wifi now instead of the "3DR Radios", hence, Mission Planner could not be used without modification (i.e. hacking). Based on what I read Solo Wifi has limited distance (1/2 mile? or 1/4 mile?) inorder to control the copter properly.

Can somebody verify, if Solo has 3DR radio or not? Please post some photos.

• I just flew my stock solo out 6800ft from home 200ft AGL. 

Noli Sicad said:

I am not sure if Solo has telemetry (i.e. 3DR radios in copter and in controller). It seems that Solo is using Wifi now instead of the "3DR Radios", hence, Mission Planner could not be used without modification (i.e. hacking). Based on what I read Solo Wifi has limited distance (1/2 mile? or 1/4 mile?) inorder to control the copter properly.

•  Mission planner works just fine.

• You could actually use a Ubiquiti wifi radio in station mode linked to the sololink wifi and that would create a long range link between the craft and the ground. This would allow for you to set inside a building on your computer in MP with full telemetry over the radio external on the building connected to solo. Just a thought....

Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdHIohydwYE&t=93s

• I am not sure if Solo has telemetry (i.e. 3DR radios in copter and in controller). It seems that Solo is using Wifi now instead of the "3DR Radios", hence, Mission Planner could not be used without modification (i.e. hacking). Based on what I read Solo Wifi has limited distance (1/2 mile? or 1/4 mile?) inorder to control the copter properly.

• I could be wrong but I think the Wifi connection is between the tablet and the controller.  Mission Planner does not require a connection with the craft while flying preloaded missions.  Tower does not either to actually fly preloaded missions; connection is only needed to otherwise control (guide) the craft while flying.

• Users can use any of the 3DR's programs however please read this before you venture that direction and understand what 3DR is saying in this quote.

3D Robotics Inc. "Solo can do everything IRIS+ can do — just pair Solo with Tower or Mission Planner. (Solo runs Pixhawk2 /APM.) However, because we’ve focused all our efforts on making our Solo app the best mobile experience possible, we haven’t been able to test Solo with Tower/MP to the degree where we can extend Solo’s warranty to cover Tower/MP flights."

Todd H

• You are saying that Solo has 3RD Radios. Please post photos. This is what I am asking.

Mission Planner is not Tower. Mission Planner runs in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. While Tower runs in Android.

Mission Planner is more oriented in using radio modem (i.e. 3DR Radio and RDF 900) which is suitable for mapping application.

3DR Radio, RDF 900 modem can be also used in Navio+, other APM compatible boards, Pixhawk and APM's board.

This reply was deleted.