Add RTH at end of mission?

Hi folks,

I've been flying with Mission Planner and 3DR Solo, but have also started working with UgCS and DJI Inspire now.  I'm used to putting an RTH at the end of missions in MP... but I don't see any way to add an RTH command to a mission in UgCS.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Allie

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Janis, how does uploading the next route "when the drone has finished previous while the drone is still in the air" functionality work?  I have always thought that turning the drone off and on resets the mission, requiring a new upload.  Maybe I haven't tried it.  I know that loading the mission, taking off, then landing and disarming, resets the mission.  Requiring it to be uploaded again before taking off or after takeoff.  This is with an M600 Pro.

Janis Jonins said:

Hi,

There is no RTH at the end of the route. You can trigger RTH manually from UgCS or RC, also you can add additional waypoints back to the desired home location. Creating additional waypoints at the end of the route allows you to specify different landing location. If battery capacity allows, it is also possible to upload the next route when the drone has finished previous while the drone is still in the air.

Janis

Add RTH at end of mission?
    Hi folks, I've been flying with Mission Planner and 3DR Solo, but have also started working with UgCS and DJI Inspire now.  I'm used to putting an RT…
  • Thanks Janis.  Do you know if it's possible to add an RTH command to a route at all?  I'm thinking about manually adding an RTH command at the end of the json file that gets uploaded to the drone, but perhaps the json is just the UgCS format, and not the native DJI format?  Having an RTH is useful if, for example, you're not sure where you're going to take off from until you get to the site.

Thanks,

Allie

• Hi,

There is no RTH at the end of the route. You can trigger RTH manually from UgCS or RC, also you can add additional waypoints back to the desired home location. Creating additional waypoints at the end of the route allows you to specify different landing location. If battery capacity allows, it is also possible to upload the next route when the drone has finished previous while the drone is still in the air.

Janis

This reply was deleted.