DJI M600P Configuration Variables and UgCS

My aircraft are DJI P3P ; Inspire 1 P ; S600P. I'm accruing funds to purchase the DRTK package for the M600P.

Simple missions are presently flown w/ P3P with some using the I1. My primary clients are surveyors and quarries. The reason for purchasing the M600P w/ DRTK is to collect, process, and deliver 1cm accuracy to clients. I want to fully understand how UgCS will integrate with the above and have predictable results from the workflow and deliverables.

Added variable: I am also plannng on adding Lidar to the mix on the M600P. That will be an intersting foray.

An open discussion will be very valuable.

Jay

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• With respect to LiDAR on M600, check out www.spectralsky.com.
  • Regarding UgCS.
    UgCS will not know what GPS type used on the drone. You will plan and execute missions as usual.
    If DJI will implement geotagging on board you will have precise coordinates in your images.
    Until this time you can use geotagging in UgCS.

• In a DJI Forum regarding Geotagging, a DJI response was "Geotagging isn't something that's available, but there is metadata on the images that provides GPS coordinates. If you use the DRTK, that metadata would have improved accuracy."

They are apparently working on this critical element that is related to photogrammetry.

electrolics inc said:

Important discussion, I am too interested to learn more about M600 with RTK to fulfill survey needs.

Firstly, how is the photo tagged with the M600 DRTK? 

• Important discussion, I am too interested to learn more about M600 with RTK to fulfill survey needs.

Firstly, how is the photo tagged with the M600 DRTK? 

This reply was deleted.