How to disable NFZ's in UgCS?

Anyone had any luck disabling no fly zones? I have a waiver for the area and need to fly near the airport, but can't seem to disable the zone as it shows in the manual. TIA

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To change the visibility of NFZ on the map in UgCS, click on the Map options (icon globe) button at the very top righthand corner of the screen and click on the Layers button. In the window you will be able to deselect Aerodrome zones or Custom zones so that they are not displayed on the map. Keep in mind that this does not disable the NFZ, it simply hides them.

If you want to disable NFZ, enter route settings and deselect either Aerodrome zones or Custom zones, whichever you want to not take into account when creating the route.

Which of the above (NFZ visibility or disable NFZ) doesn't work for you?

Best regards,

Sergey Zuev

• Dear John,

Thank you for additional information.

I have registered the issue. Hope it will be fixed soon.

I will reply to you as soon as new information about solution is available.

Best regards,
    Anna Moshkova

SPH Engineering
    www.sph-engineering.com
    www.ugcs.com
    Video tutorials: www.youtube.com/ugcstv
    Latest news: www.facebook.com/SPHEngineering

• Anna,

Thanks for the response!

I know how to take off the NFZ's in DJI, and ended up just having to fly in the GO 4 app instead of UgCS.

Even when deselecting the Aerodrome or Custom Zones I cannot get them to disappear...do I have to have the drone connected to actually make that portion work?

Thanks!

• Dear John,

Thank you for reaching out ot us.

We have full instruction about how to unlock limitation of No-Fly-Zone.
    Please, check the steps, may be some of them were missed.

There are 2 points where you should unlock this limitation:

1. First point is in the UgCS.  To disable NFZ in UgCS, enter route settings and deselect either Aerodrome zones or Custom zones, whichever you want to not take into account when creating the route. 

Note: this feature is enabled only for UgCS with activated License  PRO and Enterprise!

2. Second point is in case if you use DJI drones and DJI application. You may find how to do that in this link

:http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system

When you unlock this limitation do not forget to download license in DJI GO:

- Select the location

- Input date and aircraft SN

- Download license using DJI GO 

And after that you are ready to fly!

Best regards,

Anna Moshkova
    SPH Engineering

www.sph-engineering.com 

www.ugcs.com

Video tutorials: www.youtube.com/ugcstv

Latest news: www.facebook.com/SPHEngineering

This reply was deleted.