How to save current drone position, return to home, change the battery then resume the mission to the last save position?

Maybe we can hover the drone for a few seconds to get accurate gps location before returning home.

I cant figure it out how to do it. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Alexey,

It seems more practical to hold the mission and change the first point manually. I don't like too many waypoints.

Alexey Dobrovolskiy said:

Hi,

basically everything the same - you need to change first point for new flight manually.

But starting from UgCS 2.12 (as I remember) you can convert route generated by AreaScan or Photogrammetry tool to separate waypoints and modify it as you want.

How to save current dorne position, return to home, change the batt then resume the mission to the…
    How to save current drone position, return to home, change the battery then resume the mission to the last save position? Maybe we can hover the dron…
  • Hi,

basically everything the same - you need to change first point for new flight manually.

But starting from UgCS 2.12 (as I remember) you can convert route generated by AreaScan or Photogrammetry tool to separate waypoints and modify it as you want.

• Hi all, any news about this matter?

• My plan is to separate power for FC/radio and motors. FC power consumption is very small against the motors/load.

Dual power system maybe, so my FC will always stay on wile changing mainpower for motor/load.

• I basically keep an eye on the battery level and when it's low enough I pause the mission at the end of a route line and set my new start point there, fly back, change batteries and resume the mission. My current mission takes between 3 and four batteries and this method works well.

• In case if it is in the middle of route generated by Photogrammetry tool or AreaScan - no way.

• Is there any way to capture that position in UgCS then add that position as a new waypoint and start (resume) from that new waypoint ?

• Hi, such scenario isn't implemented in UgCS. UgCS allows to start (resume) mission from particular waypoint of the route.

This reply was deleted.