Replies

• Hi Eben, 

My colleagues were able to generate Collada models of buildings using Agisoft Photoscan couple of years ago - may be it will work in your case too.

• arg, i've been trying everything to convert point clouds or geotif DEM into a Collada and can't figure it out. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

Eben N. Broadbent said:

Hi, I collect .las point clouds using a laser scanner, first flying at a high AGL to ensure I don't collide with a tree crown, then fly lower to get denser understory of the forest. From the point cloud I was creating a raster geotiff to import into UGCS, but if I could more directly use the point cloud to reduce the AGL and avoid collisions that would be the ideal. Thanks!

Alexey Dobrovolskiy said:

Hi Eben, there is no possibility to load geotiff as 3D object. Only as elevation data.

What is source of your data? Point cloud as result of photogrammetry/laser scanning?

Please check may be your software can export data as KMZ with built-in Collada (DAE) - UgCS can import it as 3D object.

Plan mission including Digital Surface Model as 3D object
    How could I include a Digital Surface Model (DSM) (with native Geotiff format) as a 3D Object to avoid hitting objects when creating missions at low…
  • Hi, I collect .las point clouds using a laser scanner, first flying at a high AGL to ensure I don't collide with a tree crown, then fly lower to get denser understory of the forest. From the point cloud I was creating a raster geotiff to import into UGCS, but if I could more directly use the point cloud to reduce the AGL and avoid collisions that would be the ideal. Thanks!

Hi Eben, there is no possibility to load geotiff as 3D object. Only as elevation data.

What is source of your data? Point cloud as result of photogrammetry/laser scanning?

Please check may be your software can export data as KMZ with built-in Collada (DAE) - UgCS can import it as 3D object.

How could I include a Digital Surface Model (DSM) (with native Geotiff format) as a 3D Object to avoid hitting objects when creating missions at low…
  • Hi Eben, there is no possibility to load geotiff as 3D object. Only as elevation data.

• Hi Alexey,

Yes, but that doesn't work as I would want to be - for example - 60 meters AGL on the DEM, but 20 meters AGL on the DSM. Now, it would be possible to adjust this, however the DSM has gaps in it and if I were to fly over a gap then it would interpolate using the SRTM DEM and then crash into the ground (or a tree). Also, as I often fly many missions I would have to remember to remove the DSM and then change the profile parameters of min safe AGL to accommodate, introducing many more failure potential points.

Best would be if I could introduce a DSM separate from the DEM and have it be treated as a 3D object (like a bunch of buildings) to be avoided with the default obstacle minimum distance that is defined in the profile. I work in tropical areas with frequent large emergent trees, hence they are very much like large buildings.

Thanks!

Hi Eben, you can import DSM the same way as DEM - https://www.ugcs.com/files/manuals/how-to/UgCS_DEM_data_import_Inst... (if you use UgCS 2.13).

If you use UgCS 3.0, you can import DEM data in Layers window.

• Hi Eben, you can import DSM the same way as DEM - https://www.ugcs.com/files/manuals/how-to/UgCS_DEM_data_import_Inst... (if you use UgCS 2.13).

If you use UgCS 3.0, you can import DEM data in Layers window.

This reply was deleted.