shutter control for DJI M600 (A3)

Hello everybody!

I have read the information from the following link:

https://www.ugcs.com/en/page/how-to-enable-shutter-control-on-dji-a3-n3-and-m600

I understand that with the A3 / DJI M600 you can only trigger a shutter event directly in a waypoint.

Is that really true? Is there a other way? Does it work at least by setting time interval?

It would not be practical if I had to set a waypoint every 20 meters and I had to cover an large area.

How did you solve it?

Chris

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Chris,

This might be overkill for you but if your camera has the ability, you can set it to trigger on continuous mode when you flick the switch that you have mapped to the shutter controller. That's what I do. I have my 70D set on 3 photos per second drive and when I'm over the survey area, flick the switch and start snapping away. I plan the flights the same but don't have to add any parameters for shutter activation, you just have to remember to actually set it firing, very annoying if you forget and have to re-fly an area!! I actually use all the photos for my projects but it's easy to cull them down to make post processing easier if you need to.

Rob

• Hi Chris, we can't promise anything particular. We are limited by DJI SDK functionality...

• Hello Artüs!

Thanks for your fast answer.

Yes my question was about a third party camera like Canon/Sony.... Sorry for this missing information.

Nice to hear that you are planing a new feature for the next "UgCS for DJI" version.

Can you give an approximate time when this new version is planned? In a few weeks or months, or next year? :-)

Kind regards,

Chris

Artūrs said:

Hi Chirs,

Thanks for pointing out at the article, we had not mentioned that the article applies only to -non DJI cameras

If you have a DJI camera like Zenmuse X5, X7, Z3, etc. this does not apply and you can use trigger by time function.

But if you have a, lets say Sony, Panasonic or other camera mounted on the drone, for now, unfortunatlely you must put a waypoint at each location you want to take a picture.

We will improve this shortly and we hope that next UgCS for DJI app will have this feature.

Kind regards,

Artūrs

Hello everybody! I have read the information from the following link: https://www.ugcs.com/en/page/how-to-enable-shutter-control-on-dji-a3-n3-and-m6…
  • Hello Artüs!

Thanks for your fast answer.

Yes my question was about a third party camera like Canon/Sony.... Sorry for this missing information.

Nice to hear that you are planing a new feature for the next "UgCS for DJI" version.

Can you give an approximate time when this new version is planned? In a few weeks or months, or next year? :-)

Kind regards,

Chris

Artūrs said:

Hi Chirs,

Thanks for pointing out at the article, we had not mentioned that the article applies only to -non DJI cameras

If you have a DJI camera like Zenmuse X5, X7, Z3, etc. this does not apply and you can use trigger by time function.

But if you have a, lets say Sony, Panasonic or other camera mounted on the drone, for now, unfortunatlely you must put a waypoint at each location you want to take a picture.

We will improve this shortly and we hope that next UgCS for DJI app will have this feature.

Kind regards,

Artūrs

Hello everybody! I have read the information from the following link: https://www.ugcs.com/en/page/how-to-enable-shutter-control-on-dji-a3-n3-and-m6…
  • Hi Chirs,

Kind regards,

Artūrs

This reply was deleted.