UGCS 2.11 Problems / Can I do tablet rollback?

We bought a new tablet and are now forced to update to UGCS 2.11. After using it for 2 jobs it has some terrible bugs that need worked out. We are getting a very bad latency issue and the drone is not even remotely close on the screen to were it is in real life and then will skip forward a bunch and is super glitchy. We can roll back the computer software to 2.10 which works perfect but does anyone know how we can do the same with the tablet? The app store only shows 2.11. From what we can tell 2.10 doesnt work with 2.11 so they both have to be on the same update. Any help here would be great. Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• great! very useful algorithm !

Alexey Dobrovolskiy said:

Hi, didn't get where is problem here.

Suppose we have route with 40 waypoints. First flight was interrupted after WP20. After RTH, landing and battery change you will specify WP20 as new start point.

Upload route and start mission. Drone will take-off, climb and go to WP1, next fly to WP20 and continue route.

• In UgCS you can add any number of waypoints before/after photogrammetry/areascan.

3702382356?profile=original

We recommend to set this wp1 with altitude enough to reach any other waypoint of your route. 

• Correct the problem lies with the drone flying to waypoint 1. I don't always have waypoint 1 near me or even as the closest waypoint so flying to waypoint 1 then to the desired start point doesn't make a lot of sense at least for my current mission. Perhaps it could be an option?

• Hi, didn't get where is problem here.

Suppose we have route with 40 waypoints. First flight was interrupted after WP20. After RTH, landing and battery change you will specify WP20 as new start point.

Upload route and start mission. Drone will take-off, climb and go to WP1, next fly to WP20 and continue route.

• Well, the drone rises to the 1st waypoint altitude then goes to the first waypoint passing the new start point and then flys back to the new start point.

Hi, new behavior is much more safe. You need to have first waypoint of your mission near your actual take-off position with altitude high enough to fly safely to any other waypoint of your route.
    When you select new "start" waypoint after battery change drone will climb to the altitude specified in first waypoint and next will fly straight to the selected "start" waypoint.

• Hi, new behavior is much more safe. You need to have first waypoint of your mission near your actual take-off position with altitude high enough to fly safely to any other waypoint of your route.
    When you select new "start" waypoint after battery change drone will climb to the altitude specified in first waypoint and next will fly straight to the selected "start" waypoint.

• Yeah, I wasn't digging this waypoint-stop-and go feature either. I'll try the adaptive bank turns. Another issue was the "change start point" which when implemented on a multi-battery flight would go to the beginning of the of the mission route then proceed to the "new" start point as  opposed to the way it used to work (2.10) namely the drone would fly to the "new" start point and begin the mission.

Yes, this is a cool feature, allows to get precise terrain following for photogrammetry missions. Many customers asked us this feature.

If you want to get behavior as in previous version (only end points for each survey line) simple enter any big value to this field.
    UAV will go through additional waypoints without stop only if you will use adaptive bank turns (for DJI's) or spline (for Ardupilot). But in case of DJI drone it can ignore any actions in these waypoints, so plese be careful with adaptive bank turns.

We don't want to make simple waypoint too intellectual, they should do exactly what you draw. But in future versions we will implement corridor mapping tool, it will support AGL tolerance and almost all what you see in AreaScan/Photogrammetry tools.

• Yes, this is a cool feature, allows to get precise terrain following for photogrammetry missions. Many customers asked us this feature.

If you want to get behavior as in previous version (only end points for each survey line) simple enter any big value to this field.
    UAV will go through additional waypoints without stop only if you will use adaptive bank turns (for DJI's) or spline (for Ardupilot). But in case of DJI drone it can ignore any actions in these waypoints, so plese be careful with adaptive bank turns.

We don't want to make simple waypoint too intellectual, they should do exactly what you draw. But in future versions we will implement corridor mapping tool, it will support AGL tolerance and almost all what you see in AreaScan/Photogrammetry tools.

• I did have 1 more question regarding the new tool in the photogrammetry section. There is a new field " AGL Tolerance ." This is a reall cool feature although I was wondering if there was or will be a way to make only the end points do the stop and turn and have an option so that the new points it adds for tolerance allows the aircraft to go through the waypoint without stopping? Also will this ever be a feature in single waypoint planning? Thanks again for the help!

• It's great that problem was solved but it's still interesting to know reason.
    I spent 3 hours in the field today - tested UgCS 2.11 + Phantom 4 in photogrammetry mission and how our Live video streaming works in real conditions. When video streaming is switched on sometimes I saw lags in telemetry. 

This reply was deleted.