Pixhawk Mini and Spektrum Controller

Hi friends,

I'm currently trying to integrate a pixhawk into my XUAV talon that I have built for aerial photography. This is going to be my first time using a pixhawk on a plan rather than a copter drone so I'm a bit lost. 

First, I noticed that in qgroundcontrol when setting up my pixhawk, there is no profile for the talon's v-tail design, is there a guide on here or someone who would be able to help me download or setup a profile in qgroundcontrol that would be appropriate for the talon?

Second, I'm going to be using a spektrum DX-8 controller. Does anyone have experience with these controllers? I set up a profile using a standard wing with two servos and a v-tail set-up and want to know if this is going to be sufficient for flying the talon. 

I'm new here so thanks for you time, and all input including directing me to existing links, guides, etc would be appreciated. 

Best,

Jordan

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the advice! I'm still struggling with issues setting up my pixhawk mini.

IronDOME said:

Hello

Check with Pomper Cukor of Arace aerial systems he can be of great advise to you on this stuff, he's a my magician.

Look him up and you can PM him he would get back to you very quickly.

ID

• Hello

Check with Pomper Cukor of Arace aerial systems he can be of great advise to you on this stuff, he's a my magician.

Look him up and you can PM him he would get back to you very quickly.

ID

• I'm firmly agreeing with Gustav....I tried tuning an Iris with QGC and it messed the load up badly...had to reload via MP. Only use QGC for flight planning.
  • "First, I noticed that in qgroundcontrol when setting up my pixhawk, there is no profile for the talon's v-tail design"

And that is why I suggest you move over to Mission Planner :-)
    Spetrum DX 8 is quite adequate for controlling a Talon.

• David, thanks for the reply. I noticed this guide is for mission planner rather than qgroundcontrol, do people tend to use MP more than QGC?

DavidFolts said:

There is a UAV Talon group on this system I believe. At any rate, here is what I got from one of the members who was tuning his Talon.

• There is a UAV Talon group on this system I believe. At any rate, here is what I got from one of the members who was tuning his Talon.

XUAVTalonSetup.docx

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702358068?profile=original
This reply was deleted.