We're getting ready to launch the beta ArduCopter 2.0 (formerly known as ArduCopterMega, or ACM), and much has changed. First, it's our first real quadcopter UAV code, designed from the ground up for fully scripted autonomous missions as Jason's runs at Sparkfun demonstrated. It's also totally built…Continue
I've been using the PTGui software ($121) for years to stitch together aerial shots into composite mosaics, but noticed in Krzysztof Bosak's post that Microsoft Research had something called ICE that could be an alternative. I…Continue
I tried flying with the GoPro mounted this time. I already had broken part of my landing gear last flight but managed to hold it in place with some duct tape ;) Everything went ok until I broke the landing gear again and had to remove the camera mount not to break it. I did a couple of flights without the camera and with the broken landing gear until I snapped 3…Continue
I'm planing on writing up some Kalman filter tutorials in the near…Continue
Dear all, during routine test flying of Pteryx UAV, we had an opportunity to capture maps of various sizes.
The following example is made near our factory in Opaleniska village, South-East Poland.
One thing is clear: Google Earth is lying! The earth from above never looks as it shows.
The original is here:…Continue
This is my second attempt at a twin boom. Made from 9mm depron hot glue and nylon re-enforced tape, with a 2m wingspan. The wing is a KF2 profile with a single c/f rod for stiffening.
Running a 2200kv motor 8 inch prop and 2200mAh battery. Weighs in at a tad under 650grams. Had the motor running at about 60% throttle for over 25 minutes. At full throttle it can almost go vertical. I haven't decided what features to have in the nose cone yet so its just curved…Continue
Hey all, though I might share the attached photo with you to show off some mods I've been working on whilst I wait for spare props to arrive from Thailand, after not loading code properly and flipping the copter on its maiden voyage.
Widened the landing gear to more stability, as well as increasing ground clearance for my GoPro, converted the dome to just two complete…Continue
Added by Ersin Acar on April 30, 2011 at 1:00am — No Comments
Previous wednesday, my APM arrived, but I haven't got any time to take a look at it. As soon as possible I should solder the pin headers, so that I can do some testing. Yesterday my motor and batteries came, which means that I hopefully can get the plan into the air by next week.
Below is a picture of the plane I am going to use. It's my brothers old .20 model, which I found of the loft and I have got his permission to use it. It haven't got airborne yet, although the plane is…
Added by Magnus Selin on April 30, 2011 at 12:00am — No Comments
Funny movie i made while waiting.
I've been playing with wheeled robots for a while, using the Basic Stamp as a controller. Just tinkering, and more interested in the software side of things (as well as having something that annoys the cat). My enthusiasm died out about 7 years ago, then my son gave me a Lego…Continue
This video show that the controller working for the first time. !!!!!Awesome!!!!!!
I could barely keep a wheelie up and going before I started using my controller.
Tuning the code a…Continue
So my kit from HK arrived yesterday and I should note that this is my first build ( If you see terrible mistakes don't hesitate to shout;))
Soldered the carbon rod using some super glue. I installed those holders just in case even though most probably am gonna put the elevator end radder servos on the wing itself
Is this the smallest and the lightest quadcopter in the world?
Size: 12 x 12 cm
Weight: 20 g
Flight time: 4.5…Continue
Hexa frame adventures continue !
This time I've prepared the power board that will distribute power to all 6 ESC's and to additional devices (video TX, camera controls receiver unit, tracking system TX, LEDs and more...)
Important issues were: Lightweight, simple, high current, fail-proof.
This is a screenshot of part of one of my MP3.0 test flights from yesterday. The plane was programmed to fly figure eights, using the UDB Logo program below. The GPS track is shown at 1Hz, and the dead reckoned IMU track is shown at 4Hz. The plane had taken off very recently when it started this track, so it was still calibrating for the wind speed. That's why the first side of the…Continue
Complete set of acrylic parts needed to build ArduCopter frame. You can find the files here:
Set uses two Ponoco P1 sheet sizes (181.0…Continue