Here a video of a test flight of my Quad Rotor Observer (QRO) v8 with the FCWii board and the Wii Motion Plus (gyroscopes) + Nunchuk (accelerometers) MEMS sensors.
There was a strong wind during the tests flights (30 Km/h NW, gusting 40 Km/h, rainy...)
The tests flights have been successful, the model was very stable in spite of the bad weather conditions.
Normal flight mode and…
Here a video of the maiden flight of my Quad Rotor Observer (QRO) v7 with a Wii Motion Plus and a "home made" KKmulticontroller type board.
Flight controller hardware:
- Home made KKmulticontroller board with an ATMEGA168 and based on the board of Rolf R Bakke
- Wii Motion Plus (genuine Nitendo version) with the IDG-600 and the XR3500 MEMS sensors
Flight controller firmware:
- XXcontroller_KR_v1_5b based on assembly code by…
Successful high altitude (>100m AGL) position hold tests flights with an optical flow sensor on a Tricopter (OFT) UAV.
1) Fast climb rate to about 100 m AGL in hold position mode with only the throttle command.
2) At 100 m AGL, a 360° turn has been done (wind 14 km/h from SE) with only the yaw command.
3) Fast descend…
This is very useful for training…