I completed a first test flight for roll stabilization for vertical mapping. It dramatically helps aiming the camera down, and should help with optimizing/maximizing line spacing and acheiving better results for any stitching and photogrammetry processing by getting generally vertical rather than slightly oblique photos.
I used microrax.com for building the mount itself, this is really handy stuff for these types of projects, it is the tiny version of T slot tubing. Once you use it for…
Added by Cliff Gill on June 9, 2011 at 3:00pm — No Comments
I am new to this site within about the last month, trying to get up to speed for aerial mapping using a UAV, currently using ArdupilotMega with a skywalker for vertical mapping. In mounting a small camera inside the fuselage of the Skywalker, I experimented with silicon gel for vibration isolation, which appears to be promising. The current testing used a Canon SD1200 IS camera because it was available, but I would plan on using something with a larger imaging…Continue