After a couple months of testing by the community, Tower v3.2.0 has been released on the Google Play store for use by the general public!
This release requires the latest version of 3DR Services (v1.4.2).
The full set of changes can be found in the release notes but the highlights are below. If you find any bugs, please report them in the Issue Tracker here.
Tower Version 3.2.0 changelog:
- 3DR Solo support including:
- 3DR Solo video streaming
- 3DR Solo gimbal control
- Gopro control (requires compatible gopro connected to a 3DR Solo gimbal)
- Return to Me support:
- Ability to move the vehicle home location manually on the map
- Automatic update of the vehicle home location based on the mobile device GPS.
- Offline map support
- Telemetry widgets panel (right side panel) is now customizable:
- Addition of new telemetry widgets:
- EKF widget: allows live monitoring of the vehicle EKF state
- Vibration widget: allows live monitoring of the vehicle vibration state
- Geo Info widget: Displays vehicle latitude and longitude coordinates
- More to come...
- Improved Mission Editor UI:
- Added Spline Survey mission item
- Added DO JUMP mission item
- Mission assistant detail window:
- Display mission progress
- Allows rewind and/or fast forward of mission waypoints.
- Improved plane support
- Kill switch support for Copters
- Custom altitude preferences
- UI update to reflect the latest Android UI guidelines
- And many more small features, and lot's of bug fixes!
Special thanks to Randy and members of the ArduPilot developers community for helping shape the set of features for this release.
Thanks to all members of the beta testing group for helping iron out all the problems and bugs!
Notes: To get access to the beta releases, please follow the instructions @ https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.droidplanner.android.beta