MAVGAnalysis is a new tool from the PX4 team to give real-time data analytics without overcomplicating a GCS. From the repository:
This JavaFx based tool enables PX4 Users to record and analyse data published via UDP during flight or based on PX4Logs. It is not intended to replace the QGC. Runnable on OS X, Ubuntu and Windows.
Any feedback, comments and contributions are very welcome.
Status: Last updated 23/06/2016
- Realtime data acquisition (50ms sampling)
- Timechart annotated by messages (in 10secs framing)
- Trigger recording manually or by selectable flight-mode/state changes
- Choosable stop-recording delay
- Display of key-figures during and after recording (with 'Replay')
- Display of basic vehicle information (online), like mode, battery status, messages and sensor availability
- XY Analysis for selected key-figures
- MAVLink inspector
- Easy to use parameter editor
- Map viewer of global position and raw gps data with option to record path (cached)
- Import of selected key-figures from PX4Log (file or last log from device via WiFi)
- Save and load of collected data
- FrSky Taranis USB supported in SITL
- Low latency MJPEG based video stream display based on uv4l (recording and replay in preparation)
- requires Java 8 JRE
- A companion proxy (either MAVComm or MAVROS, not required for PIXRacer)
- Video streaming requires uv4l running on companion
How to build on OSX(other platforms may need adjustments in
- Clone repository (for stable use https://github.com/ecmnet/MAVGCL/releases)
- Goto main directory
How to start (all platforms):
Start either UDP with
java -jar MAVGAnalysis.jar --peerAddress=220.127.116.11
(PX4 standard ports used, replace IP with yours)
java -jar MAVGAnalysis.jar --peerAddress=127.0.0.1for SITL (jMAVSim)
java -jar MAVGAnalysis.jarfor a basic demo.
demo_data.mgc, import PX4Log file or collect data directly from your vehicle
- For video (mjpeg), setup uv4l at port 8080 on your companion with :
uv4l --auto-video_nr --sched-rr --mem-lock --driver uvc --server-option '--port=8080'
How to deploy on OSX:
- Limited to one device (MAVLink-ID '1')
- Currently does not support USB or any serial connection (should be easy to add, so feel free to implement it)
- PX4Log keyfigure mapping not complete (let me know, which I should add)
Note for developers:
MAVGAnalysis depends heavily on https://github.com/ecmnet/MAVComm for MAVLink parsing.