I am pleased to report that ArduPilot ground station ( LabVIEW ) team is getting up and going.
Our first objective is to clean-up the code a bit, make it more robust, and easier to add new functionality.
Over time request for ground station features have been mentioned in few threads, and I would like to consolidate them in one place.
What ground station features would you like to see or change?
1. kml logging : log lat, lon, alt
2. voice synthesis : periodically announce status (way point, alt, speed); announce status through selected flight levels
3. A choice of different graphic layouts, specially for the Horizon Indicator, something that would resemble more real aircraft instruments
4. Change colors to get more contrast on sunny days
5. Label baud rate settings for different GPSs so you don't have to remember (uBlox=38k; EM406 = 57k)
6. Distribute the executable as a .app (not just .exe) so that Mac users can try it.
7. Object tracking - once we have video support
8. Show a 3d model representation of the plane
9. online & offline maps support (google maps, OziExplorer,...)
10. Data logging - preferably user selectable parameters
- add your request