1) The PI can recognize a turtle nest pattern in the sand. Thats working "reasonably" well. But once it finds the nest, it needs to drop into a hover and confirm. I don't know how the PI will tell the autopilot and change modes.
2) The airframe is a box ( joined wing) design with 4 motors, two tilting up ( front) with two tilting down ( Back, Pusher). When in forward flight do I need all 4 ? Can I stop 2 from freewheeling (drag)
3) Programming will be by waypoints. Experienced pilot to fly the first pass and program will be stored so each drone ( there will be 6 ) will have it's own route. How well does that work ?
4) How do I communicate the nest location that is secure and safe ? cell ? Wifi ? I dont want anyone to crack it, only the office
5) Landing gear retracts. Use them ?