Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
Rob, I can answer Q2. Yes it's normal (code-wise why should it bother to turn) I found this out on the quad!
Of course if you have a camera on board then it doesn't stay looking in front!
In a mission you can change headings between WP's so that it faces where it's going next so not all is lost...
Q1 is meters (I think)
I tried 20 meters but it is coming back at what ever altitude it's at when I engage RTL.
Your right cm for alt, look in 'commands_logic.pde'
Has a Flight Repeater/Copier ever been considered?
I.e. you fly a pattern and the 'copter records and then at the flick of a switch repeats the pattern you've just flown.
thx for your new version...i have a question about the error of the stab mode....i have a test stand,so while i test the quad on it (pitch) and give it throttle to be stable it make up but it starts oscillate between +- 0,5 to 1 degree....is it acceptable or it should be 0 degree error?
Anyone have idea what can cause situation where ch4 motor output is forced to stay at 1285 max (see picture)? This has happend once earlier also with using 2.6 software.
This happend after i was using XbeePro 2.4GHz telemetry to change PID settings, recalibrating compass and releveling. All went ok, but in field when starting to add throttle i noticed everything is not right and quad wants to flip. Checked at home and find ch4 output is not responding correctly
Erasing Eeprom helped and after changing settings with usb cable everything is ok. Maybe there is bug when changing settings using Xbee and it corrupts Eeprom??
Edit: I have APM 1 (2560)
Interesting Jani, open new issue here please.
Ok i opened issue #445. I think this problem is not easy to debug as i haven't succeed to reproduce this again.
I flew my first 2 missions with my Tricopter today and all went well.
I can't believe how smoothly the setup and tuning is going. AC 2.6 really does the job.
If I use Loiter Turns in the MP does it simply rotate on it's axis or does it circle the waypoint? If it circles the waypoint do I use loiter radius to set the size of the circle and if so is it in meters or CM?
My STABILIZE mode doesn't work OK.
Since version 2.6 I noticed the pitch of my tricopter in STAB mode.
I must still pull the lever on my radio in STABILIZE mode otherwise copter fly away quickly. And it doesn't matter if wind blows or not. When I switch to LOITER it stabilizes copter well.
Pitch appears right since take-off in STAB mode.
I thought when I calibrate radio and go to stabilize mode this pitch desappears but it is still there - copters pitch is round 20 degree and stabilze process doesn't correct this.
Could it be problem with compass or gyros?
I attached also log file from this flight.
Have you tried leveling? If you're saying that with the sticks centered in stabilize mode, it pitches back 20°, I think the level must be off, or you have a trim not centered or radio not calibrated in MP, something like that.