This is the new Tumba-Quad-Q240 "Wanze". The max. dimension is less than 10 inch.
The copter was designed for the International Micro Air Vehicle Conference IMAV 2012 last week. Ranking: 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 1st together with the hexacopter "Bolt".
Overview together with the hexacopter "Bolt":
- Mass 200 gramm, depends on the LiPo
- Propeller AirAce 3-blade left/right, motor Hacker A10/12S
- ESC Hype 6A (without modification = PPM)
- 2 cells LiPo, flight time up to 14 minutes
- RC-control via DX7-satellite
- ATMEGA328 in the 20 x 30 mm big "Tumba-Control"
- 3 x ADXRS610 + 2 x ADXL322 in a 17 mm IMU-cube
- Software self development based on Arduino, source code about 8kByte
- closed loop frequence about 400 Hz
Some more pictures: