This fire in my home town is suspected to have been started by a LiPo. (Though that hasn't yet been confirmed by the fire investigation authorities.)
"A neighbour, who didn’t want to be named, says Les is a member of the Nelson Model Aero Club."
Thankfully the occupants are both safe, and fully insured, but boy they were lucky to get out alive. Imagine if this happened at night when they were asleep.
I store my LiPo's in fire proof bags in the house. I'll store them in fire proof bags in the garden shed from now on.