Developer

I tried 2.0.46 today.

Compared to earlier 2.0.45 version it was very difficult to fly. I don't know exactly why.

I did compile it with Arduino, because i think that the version inside Mission Planner is a false 2.0.46 (it is 2.0.45).

Inside 2.0.45, i had P = 3.6 for Roll and Pitch, I = 0 and Rate P = 0.17. So i did put the same inside 2.0.46 but it was not ok like this.

Sometimes i needed to give heavy corrections on the stick and flying on the right path was difficult. Landing was quite difficult too.

It was the first time i had a small camera under the frame, i don't think that the weight (about 500g) was the problem. I did a test flight just before without the camera and i felt the same driving difficulties.

I'm interested to know other users results with 2.0.46 (the true one).

Something i've seen is that Altitude Hold PI settings are not available anymore inside Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Uploaded today the 2.0.46 version from Mission Planner. Stable mode is ok as always but i still have problems with alt_hold and loiter. I don't know why it cannot keep the altitude....Also another weird stuff is that in the kml file it seems that i flied only at max 3m altitude,but, as you can see in the video , several times the copter went easy over 10 m height. Here is the kml file and the log. Maybe someone can see where is the fault.

2011-10-04 07-31 4.log

2011-10-04 07-31 4.kmz

• Hi Olivier, I have read some good reports on V2.46 I have tried it twice now and have found it very dificult to fly (I thought it was just me). The dead zone on the controller feels too wide and my quad is very unresponsive, there were a lot of oscillations in perfect flying conditions. I lowered the stabalise P to try and reduce this but lost even more control (scary). I have reverted back to 2.45 now which I feel is almost perfect. Tested it on Sunday.Rock solid and responsive in stable mode. Alt hold (sonar) holds within 5cm Alt hold (baro) holds within a couple of metres. Loiter holds within 5 metres but it was breezy(I am going to increase loiter I to see if I can reduce this). My quad has a custom frame about 1.5kg all up. All standard PIDs except stabalise Pitch and Roll where I reduce P to 3.00. I think Jason and the DEV team had it about nailed on 2.45.
  • Developer

After rising roll/pitch P gains from 3.6 to 4, i got something more like i had with 2.0.45.

It seems that 2.0.46 needs higher P gains.

This reply was deleted.

Activity