2.4Ghz Xbee Pro S1 - Antenna replacement

Hi,

The Wire Antenna of my 2.4Ghz Xbee Pro S1 was lost (ripped). Could someone tell me If there is a source to purchase "original" antennas for repair?

I've read that any cable (multi or single core) of the same length will work but since I've lost the original wire I'm unable to measure the length. Could someone who have the 2.4Ghz Xbee Pro S1 tell me the exact length? The cable antenna has a removable rubber cap who needs to be removed (easily) to measure the exact length of the wire.

Help will be much appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

You need 0.95 times a quarter average wavelength.

That is 0.95/4 * 300,000,000,000[mm/sec]/2,450,000,000[sec^-1]=about 29mm of wire.

Regards

Soren

• I have just built a Xbee based remote and am wondering what sort of antenna would perform best for FPV I have the WRL-08710 XBee Pro 60mW U.FL Connection  but I suspect the wire one is adequate for many applications. I have seen a number of clover leaf designs used for FPV TX's which may be worth a look 

• I am also trying to replace an antenna on an XBee, but a bit different.  I have a 900mHz XBee with the RPSMA connector.  The RPSMA connector was torn off in a hard landing (crash) and the XBee is otherwise undamaged.  I see a pad for what I think is a wire or ufl connector.  Has anyone ever tried to add a ufl connector/lead to an otherwise SMA XBee??

• I've asked the same question to the store where I've purchased The Xbees (buildyourowndrone.co.uk) who sell the Oficial 2.4ghz kit for Europe and they told me the correct length is 25mm for the 2.4ghz Xbees

I will make a new Antenna from the core of coax Satellite cable since the cable diameter fits perfect on the Xbee.

Hope this solves the issue.

This reply was deleted.

Activity